Apple, Bacon, Cornbread Stuffed Pork Loin

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
I stuffed this loin with a cornbread, apple and bacon stuffing and grilled with a chunk of apple wood. The pictures do not do this justice! Best pork loin I've ever made!

Alot more pic's and recipe are at The Wolfe Pit Blogspot.

2009-11-14072.jpg
2009-11-14076.jpg
2009-11-14083.jpg

As always, beautiful stuff! What do you think about giving the roast a brine prior to stuffing? If so, how about doing the "spiral butterfly" then brining? I would think it would significantly shorten the brine time. Anything negative come to mind with that technique?

I've got this recipe on the Performer as I type. My stuffing was way too loose, my loin was smaller and once stuffed and tied didn't look nearly as good as Larry's.

Smells great though...got about 30 more minutes I think. I'm hoping for the best. Don't think it will be nearly as good as Larry's but I'll chock that up to operator error...

Thats looks great Larry!!!.

Don, we may sometimes eat with our eyes but it tastes a lot better in our mouths.

The brussel sprout farmers of America salute you. I'll be trying this soon, but I'll be buying the cornbread if you don't mind.

Larry, that looks very good! You've rekindled my interest in stuffed pork loin. About 35 years ago, I cooked them often. I don't think mine were nearly as good looking as yours. I frequently stuffed with cooked spicy sausage, green pepper and onion. Injected the loin with canned pineapple juice (fresh pineapple juice would unnecessarily tenderize the meat).

Save some of that bacon for gravy!

###

Holy Schmoley! This is another winner from Mr. Wolfe! Turned out great after all. Not as pleasing to the eye as Larry's but as John Solak said, "we may sometimes eat with our eyes but it tastes a lot better in our mouths."

Fantastic!

Thanks for this recipe, Larry!

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash:
Holy Schmoley! This is another winner from Mr. Wolfe! Turned out great after all. Not as pleasing to the eye as Larry's but as John Solak said, "we may sometimes eat with our eyes but it tastes a lot better in our mouths."

Fantastic!

Thanks for this recipe, Larry! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don, yours looks good too. Larry's was, perhaps, tied better. That's something I've never been able to do very well. You and Larry have me craving stuffed pork loin!

###

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc:
As always, beautiful stuff! What do you think about giving the roast a brine prior to stuffing? If so, how about doing the "spiral butterfly" then brining? I would think it would significantly shorten the brine time. Anything negative come to mind with that technique? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You certainly could brine and it wouldn't hurt a thing. Yes, brining a butterflied loin would cut the brining time more than half. I would be more like to brine a loin if I was going to cook it whole. But since the stuffing provides alot of moisture, it's not necessary, but you still could if you prefer.

DON CASH THAT LOIN LOOKS INCREDIBLE! Thanks for trusting me with the recipe!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Your looks great too Don. Next time I go to Costco I'm getting a pork loin and trying this out. I just hope I can do the butterfly correctly.

Larry... Don...
They both look great, I'm going to have to bump up my skills to even come close to being in the same ballpark as you with food like that.
icon_cool.gif

Well I pull this off the other night for a sit down dinner I made for my parents and in-laws. I started with probably an 8lb loin made the stuffing, stuffed it and sadly I had to put it in the oven. Rain just killed the chance of me doing it outside.

So dinner started with Pulled Pork BBQ Egg Rolls with chipotle mayo dipping sauce and a vinegar bbq dip.
For the entree it was the stuffed loin, fresh roasted garlic mashed spuds, and their choice of roasted brussel sprouts or roasted green beans. I also served the vinegar sauce on the side which really was nice with the sweetness of the stuffing.
I didn't have time to take pics during the cook, but HERE are a few of the leftovers. I used the chipotle mayo on bread and took a one inch slice of the loin and made a sandwich. It was like a modified thanksgiving left over sandwich.

Larry, Thanks for the inspiration.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KevinJ:

So dinner started with Pulled Pork BBQ Egg Rolls with chipotle mayo dipping sauce and a vinegar bbq dip.

Larry, Thanks for the inspiration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a recipe for the PP Egg Rolls you could share with the rest of the class? Those sound really good.

Back