4 garlic cloves, minced

1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced

1 large handful fresh cilantro, leaves and stems, finely chopped

Juice from 2 limes, OR 2 oranges OR 2 lemons, depending on preference

2 tablespoons white vinegar

1/2 cup olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

STEPS

1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour it over the steak, making sure each piece is well-coated.

2. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one to four hours.

3. Preheat grill to medium-high flame and brush grates with a little olive oil to prevent meat from sticking.

4. Remove meat from marinade and place on grill for a few minutes per side. For well done meat, leave them on longer.

5. Remove meat from grill and let it rest for about five minutes. Then thinly slice steak across the grain.

Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole, in tacos, or whatever you prefer.

LD, Thank you
awesome... I did this today; I just used Pace Picante sauce, right off the shelf... I sauted 6 large Vidalia onions and some fresh guacamole on the side, a little sour cream.... (and tortillas of course)
WOW
We had the best fajitas we have ever ever had at home....
This is an easy make with great results

Ralph, I'm not sure that I understand....did you marinade the steak in the Picante, or just use it with the end product?! You still used the above marinade, right? Sorry for being so uninformed, I would like to try this & just want to get it right. Thanks!

NO i used the marinade; its exceptional.... I was just saying that I used "off the shelf" picante on the side when serving it.... I make my own sauce a lot; but when busy it's easier to just buy it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ralph Grunz:
LD, Thank you
awesome... I did this today; I just used Pace Picante sauce, right off the shelf... I sauted 6 large Vidalia onions and some fresh guacamole on the side, a little sour cream.... (and tortillas of course)
WOW
We had the best fajitas we have ever ever had at home....
This is an easy make with great results </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm so glad you liked it. I like to tear the carne asada into small pieces and put on a burrito size flour tortilla then spoon some guacomole and salsa onto the meat and throw on a little shredded lettuce and roll it all up like a burrito. Mmmmmm good!

ME TOO!!!
icon_smile.gif

Back