Need some un-waxed butcher paper?

JRPfeff

TVWBB Guru
I bought a roll of un-waxed butcher paper to try the Aaron Franklin brisket technique. I had to go to a restaurant supply store and bought their smallest quantity - 18 inches x 1000 feet. It is not the pink stuff that Franklin uses, they only had white.

I was going to offer a length of paper to locals near my WI & NC locations, but if you have another way for me to get you some, please let me know.

Thanks for the update Gene.

I had excellent results with my white butcher paper. There is no reason that the color of the paper should matter when cooking.

Thanks for the update Gene.

I had excellent results with my white butcher paper. There is no reason that the color of the paper should matter when cooking.

Yes, 40lb weight, unwaxed, USDA or FDA approved for food is what the tech spec is. My local Restaurant Depot actually sells rolls of this but 24" roll 2500' for $40+. For my personal needs, that is overkill and takes up way too much counter space. What is cool is that small portions of paper could actually replace serving plates when I serve burritos, sandwiches and other handheld food items to my kids.

I'm not due for another brisket or butt smoke in a few months (freezer is full) but I'm anxious to try it out smoking.

Back