New Baby on the way

HVanorden

TVWBB Fan
So my wife is pregnant with our 4th child and for this one we wanted to get all family and friends together to join us in finding out what the sex would be. And what better way to do that that to have a bbq? A couple of weeks ago my wife got her ultra sound, and we asked the woman doing it to not tell us the sex but to write it down and seal it in an envelope. My wife then gave that envelope to a very trusted friend. She bought the appropriate colored balloons and had them waiting in a giant box to be opened on the day of our bbq.

The bbq wasn't anything special, there were like 40 people there so we just cooked hamburgers, hotdogs, and brats. The ever unpredictable weather out here in Colorado reared it's ugly head and decided to give us a nice down pour right after I got two grills nice and hot and all the meat on. We were at a park so I didn't have my weber with me to close the lid on. So I had to stand out with my father in law and cover the grills with an umbrella to get everything cooked. Needless to say I ended up pretty soaked.
SJM_0125.jpg

Once everyone was fed and (thankfully) the rain stopped. It was time to find out what this newest member of the family was going to be. So with a count down 3...2...1...

SJM_0136.jpg

SJM_0144.jpg

IT'S A BOY!!!! I can't say enough how blessed I feel. I've been blessed with 2 girls and a boy already and now reinforcements are arriving! We are all pretty excited.....well, except for my oldest. She was hoping for another sister.
SJM_0153.jpg

Congratulations on your growing brood!
That picture of your eldest on hearing the news is priceless! She'll get over that soon enough.
Best wishes to you all.

Your post made me smile all day. Such joy! Congratulations to Mommy, and it tells a lot about the Daddy too!

Rita

Your post made me smile all day. Such joy! Congratulations to Mommy, and it tells a lot about the Daddy too!

Rita

I hope the smiles continue after this little guy joins the family. I will have 4 kids age 4 and under! It's a good thing I have the coolest kids ever.

This update is long over due. But life is just now settling back down. Our little guy made it into the world, and we couldn't be more pleased. Here's a couple of pics from the last couple of months. His name is Grant

Day 1
20141020_162227.jpg

Meeting the rest of the team
20141021_103737.jpg

Kid #3 was especially enamored by #4. At only 18 months old herself, it was cool to see her reaction of pure love.
IMG_20141021_111306.jpg

It didn't take long to for #2 (2.5 yrs old) to lose interest in his new brother. It's ok, the view of the Rockies from our room was pretty spectacular (picture does no justice)

20141021_104255.jpg

The dog approves.....the baby...not so much
20141024_214537.jpg

Must be sneaking my ribs when I'm not looking
IMG_20141211_223315.jpg

Hulk Smash
20141225_185648.jpg

Back