vegetarian recipes?

Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Classes

Rob F

TVWBB Member
Mr. Soo,

Thank you for your time here on the forum addressing our questions.

I've read several of your comments discussing what you cook at home, and vegetarian dishes seem to be the most common mentioned.

Do you have any vegetarian dishes, barbecue or otherwise, that you would recommend? My wife and I love the barbecue we get out of our new WSM, but it would be nice to try a non-meat main dish or something light (fish? the tofu you mentioned previously?).

The oddest thing happened to me in learning to barbecue... I became much more aware of the importance of using salads and other vegetables, dressings and side items to balance the flavors and textures of a dish. Would appreciate your thoughts/suggestions.

Regards,
Rob

I love to BBQ vegetables because the charring and smoke brings out the earthy goodness and flavors. My standard approach is to drizzle olive and use fresh ground pepper and Kosher salt. I particularly like portabello mushrooms, asparagus, and bell peppers. I like to finish off with a bit of reduced Balsamic vinegar to give it a little acid kick. Don't overcook your veggies and serve then el dente to preserve the nutrients better. More pics of veggies are at http://slapyodaddybbq.com/06%20CulinaryArtistry.html

Back