My trip to the USA (pic heavy) *****

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Allright here we go:

Took the flight to LA. First few days was in hollywood. We were a bit jetlagged and checked the town for 1 day.(not mutch to se picture wise) the day after we celebrated Oscars 6 birthday @ sixflags. Dident take the camera with the only have a lot of mobile pics.(witch i havent upploaded to the computer).

Early the day after we drove to Las vegas. Did some shopping and tryed the luck at the bandits. Lady fortuna was not on my side. The next morning we were of to GrandCanyon a rather long drive. After "check in" we went to the park. Whata place. Awesome veiws and som wildlife.(could add more days here) we spend the morning at the canyon aswell. Meet a guy who said on the drive back to vegas dont miss the best icecream in america. So we stopped @ Snow Cap along route 66. Whatta guy behind the desk. After joking with us for 10 min we got our ice creams. Well worth the stop. We stopped @ Hoover dam on the way. Last night in vegas was a pretty slow one. Tired after the drive. But a cool place to spend a night non the less.

Now we are on our way to death valley. Can anyone say HOT! 116f!!! Even marks of melting shoes on the pavement. We spend the afternoon and the morning looking at the nature. Beautifull place. Would love to hike around during early spring.

Now the goal was set at yosemite park! - Paradise on earth!
We had a few days here and was stunned every were we went. We found some pine cones that were huge to swedish standards...But when we stopped for breakfast @ a lake we found the bigges one i have ever seen!!! Couldent take it home with us the baggs were full. I have it on photo though. ABSOLUTELY awesome place.(more days here for sure)

We drove from yosemite to Lake tahoe...Stopped @ Boodie on the way there. The old ghost town is a great place to walk around in. We arived late afternoon in Tahoe. Dident do mutch but spending time @ the pool and recharging batteries. Another wonderfull place i tell ya. Off to San fransisco - Actually the place i could take away a day or 2 from. We did the top 10 tourist things. But nothing really fun for the kids. ChinaTown was the cooles place here. We spend 2 afternoons @ peir 39 the only thing they liked. Sure we ate some fantastic foods here but overall a little dissapointment. Alot of homeless ppl and we had a hotell downtown so the sirens at night keept you awake. And not to talk about the traffic...It was a PITA. payed around 200$ for parking these 5 days aswell. Nuff about that. Early Check outday we whent down to Monterey. Driving on 101 was a plessure. We took the aquarium here and that was a blast for all of the family. Once @ the hotell we spend alot of time in the sun and by the sea. Got an invite from M. Rollins to meet up but both me and Emilie was tired.(sorry bro) Dident travel around here but i bet its a great place aswll.(could have added 1 more day here)

Now we drove the 101 south to santa Babara. Another great drive. Waves was huge. Spent a night here so the driving shouldent be a pain. Now off to santa Monica last stop. Spend a few days here and frankly of all the places here is were i could move. Loved this place. Great shopping and food. Ate one of my top 5 burgers in life on Pono burger. Kids loved the peir and the huge beach. Alot of waves to play around in. The kids had there wish of a waterpark aswell - So we went to Ragin Rivers witch was good and all bu to mutch ppl. Rather spend this time by the beach. I could easely add a few more night here. We already had plans to meet up with Tony and John Solak but the days just passed by. Really sorry for this. Would have made the trip even better. Next time i guess...

To sum it up it was the BEST trip i ever done. Love the kindness of the ppl! The Big citys...But most the Grand Nature. Not the last time i stepped on American ground thats for sure..

Thanks for your time

01511.JPG
205.JPG
0767.JPG
1063.JPG
0623.JPG
1641.JPG
227.JPG
253.JPG
264.JPG
3141.JPG

Last edited:
Wow Daniel, simply wonderful photos, much better than they show on FB.
You all have seen places I have not, but would like to someday.
Thanks for sharing!

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be this one of the O-boys since it just speaks brotherly love.
227.JPG

Wow, great photos. Alot of those are right in my backyard (within 100 miles of my house) Your photos out do any photos I have of those places
Good looking family. Sorry to have missed your visit, if you're ever back in kalifornia, I've got a few places off the beaten' path you'd like to see

Absolutely stunning pics!!! The pic of the boys that Bob reposted is my favorite pic out of the bunch too!! My Family and I did a road trip vacation similar to the the one you guys did hitting San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, and the Giant forest in the early 90's. After seeing your pics we might have to do it again!!!

Great pictures and what a fun trip!! So glad you enjoyed it and our state. I absolutely love Yosemite and the entire Sierra Nevada range. There's just too much to see and do no matter how much time you have, but you did a lot! Fantastic stuff.

Are those pictures of Bodie State Park? Great old abandoned town.

Hope to meet you someday.

The pictures are beautiful! You have seen parts of the country I hope to eventually see. I am glad you enjoyed your time over here and hope you get to do it again.

I am very glad that you enjoyed the holiday. Places you've visited are really gorgeous and the photos are perfect.
Thanks again for sharing your family's happiness with us. The guys are amazing! (Emilie too, of course;))

Daniel, great photos looks like you hit most of the good sites and had some good times. Barb and I live close enough that we can drive to the Grand Canyon for lunch, you should see it in the winter just stunning. We also go to snow cap for ice cream or a burger once in a while and yes that guy is a real character, then drive route 66 (the mother road) to the river for a quick weekend get away.

Looks like you guys had a great time - glad it worked so well for you. That is a great area of the country. It's a big place though. You'll have to come back. :) Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Last edited:
Wonderful pics !
Great pic of the boys !

For your next trip, may I suggest the Pacific Northwest and Alaska !

great family and great photos you packed a lot into this trip, you know I lived in Cali twice and never got to every place you did. well planed trip I must say .
Came back ya'll there is much more to see in the country.
Say what you will good or bad America is still beautiful as is Europe, Asia, and many other places Except here you only need to show your passport once.

Thanks ppl!

Pete ye its Bodie state park...Well worth a visit. I would book a tour then i think you can get in to the mine area aswell.

Todd: Culture shocks no not really....Got a little tired of the fried breakfasts(after 21 days its not fun anymore) But i skipped it a few days and had a subway instead. Otherwise i think USA and Sweden is not that far off.

Im not a photographer like some ppl on this board. I mostly point and click. But i have over 1500+ pictures from this trip. 400 of those ended up in a album for the family/friends to veiw when they come over. And here you got 35 something of those. So a few nice ones was in there.

Thanks again ppl!

Back