my first visit to Ontario Gas BBQ

jason.yee

TVWBB Fan
so i was just at Ontario Gas BBQ a couple hours ago for the very first time. i noticed a sign on their outside wall that said something like "the worlds biggest bbq store". well, they sure as heck were not lying. this place is HUGE!!! it is Q'ers heaven. i picked up an 18.5" WSM, bag of maple leaf briquettes, weber chimney starter, small bottle of Butt Rub and a bag of hickory chunks. my total cost was about $470 with tax. i love this store. if it was a little closer i would go there every day just to "hang out". lol

I made my first trip there last week Monday.

I was wondering while walking around, how many people would pay the $11-12,000 for one of the outdoor kitchens that they have on "clearance". For that kind of money, I better be able to sleep and shower as well as entertain any company that I might have, cause that is where I would be living.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave K:
I made my first trip there last week Monday.

I was wondering while walking around, how many people would pay the $11-12,000 for one of the outdoor kitchens that they have on "clearance". For that kind of money, I better be able to sleep and shower as well as entertain any company that I might have, cause that is where I would be living. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

reminds me of the saying 'you can sleep in your car but you cannot drive your house' for people that buy expensive cars.

i wish they had some apple wood chunks available. they said their supplier messed up on their last order. they ordered a skid of apple wood but only received a couple bags so they are waiting for the new delivery. the sales guy i spoke with said they used to carry all the smokinlicious woods but dont know why they dont carry they any more. maybe i will just have to order from smokinlicious.

now... is anyone good at math?

the bag of weber hickory chunks i bought is 360 cubic inches. the chunks on smokinlicious are 14,158cc (1/2 cubic foot). how many cubic inches would that be?

nevermind the math problem.

1 cubic foot = 1728 cubic inches

so 1/2 cu.ft = 864 cu.in

360 cu.in = $15 at bbqs.com
864 cu.in = $24.80 at smokinlicious

so it would be a better deal for me to purchase smoke woods from smokinlicious than bbqs.com

Try "info at smokin in the igloo dot com" they are in Brantford area, and are a competitive BBQ team that are local reps for Smokinlicous.

Tell them Dave Kloostra sent you to them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave K:
Try "info at smokin in the igloo dot com" they are in Brantford area, and are a competitive BBQ team that are local reps for Smokinlicous.

Tell them Dave Kloostra sent you to them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks but i will just order it through the website. im not ordering huge amounts so its easier to not get so many people involved.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve (Merc) McMurtry:
Why don't you take a run to Canadian Tire.
They use to carry small bags of apple wood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i went to two crappy tire locations and they didnt sell chunks. they only had chips. i ended up grabbing a bag of apple wood chunks from sobies.

Back