Does anyone know how the ProQ cold smoker works?

The ProQ Cold Smoker works extremely well. I smoked this ham with mine.

img0030edited.jpg

CSG%20Smokin.gif

The wood dust is packed into the ProQ Smoker. The dust is lit on one end with a candle. The wire mesh of the ProQ keeps the dust smoldering (to produce smoke) and doesn't let the dust burn too fast.

Simple but effective.

I had some trouble ordering one of these and got discouraged. I would rather try making one similar to this. Anyone have any ideas. Last year I used my smokey joe with three briquettes inside and some sawdust. Set on the bottom of my WSM cracked the top vent and opened the bottom vent wide. It worked well, but I had to monitor it to keep the smoke going.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Ford:
http://www.amazenproducts.com/...le/default.aspx#Home

This is a similar product, works the same way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting.

But I would think the perforated dividers would allow 'burn through' instead of forcing the burn to follow the maze.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
I had some trouble ordering one of these and got discouraged. I would rather try making one similar to this. Anyone have any ideas. Last year I used my smokey joe with three briquettes inside and some sawdust. Set on the bottom of my WSM cracked the top vent and opened the bottom vent wide. It worked well, but I had to monitor it to keep the smoke going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shaun, what problem did you have?
We have now managed to give our valued customers in the USA a better deal on the cold smoke generator, check out our website

Back