Gas gauge

Trevor

Not sure what everyone here does to monitor the amount of gas used, but I got sick of recording the amount of hours I got from the bottle and guessing if the next cook up was going to be ok. I went into BBQ Galore and they sell these little safety gas gauges, it doubles as a gauge and a safety switch for your gas line and cuts off if there are any leaks, goes between the bottle and the regulator. Once you turn on the gas, you push the gauge down a couple of times (like pumping) and it gives you an easy measurement to the amount of gas, solved my problems. Cost, about $30.00

I just pour some hot water on the outside of the tank while using, a "frosty" area appears to show the amount of compressed gas that is left in the tank. Works for me.

joe

I measure how much gas is left in the bottle by looking at it
icon_smile.gif

DSCF5073.JPG

This is my spare bottle, which is full. You can see the level of the gas in the upper 'windows'. Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to see the level, but I find that moving the bottle a little causes the gas to slosh around, making it easier to see.

-Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That is far to posh Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been waiting for a chance to show off my nice composite bottle
icon_smile.gif
When I used steel bottles I used to weigh them on the bathroom scales to see how much gas I had left. Bottles should have the tare weight printed on the side, so you just subtract the tare from the total and it gives to the weight of the remaining gas.

-Mark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Trapp:
Them composite bottles are kinda expensive on this side of the pond. I have been itching for one though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're even more expensive on this side of the pond
icon_smile.gif
20 pound bottles seem to cost about $90, and then you don't need to buy a gas guage:

Composite bottle

The other good thing about composite bottles is that they're so light.

-Mark.

Back