Lets talk beer *****

ShawnW

TVWBB Member
I mean good beer.

What'cha like to sip on while you're Q'in?

I have been drinking Paulaner and Spaten. Oktoberfest from each brand is superb. Both lagers kick bootie, too.

My all time favorite beer is Kilkenny's. Can't get it in the US, unfortunately. Weird... because it is made by Guinness and that's all over the place.

Picked up a sixer of Fat Tire last night. Very nice. I turned a buddy on to a Czech beer that we can find at a local grocery store when they have it. Called Czech-Var. It's brewed in the Budweis region,it can't be sold in America under it's regular name,either Bud-Var or Budweiser. Imagine that! The last sixer I got,we noticed that it was about two months past it's best buy date. Still one of the finest lagers I've had!

There are so many new beers out there that I honestly cannot name just one favorite. I really enjoy buying different ones and trying them. Also, whenever I get a chance I go to a "beer tasting" and try small sips from different beers. A great way to sample without getting too much alcohol.

Ray

I like a nice cold Stella or Czechvar. I'm happy with either. If neither is available then I'm willing to lower my standards to whatever is available... as long as it's cold.

I'm really into drinking Moosehead. Not sure if you guys have that in the states.

As far as American beers go, and I know there are a tonne of them, our selection in Canada isn't great. But I'm really happy we get Anchor Steam Liberty Ale from San Fran. That's one of my top-5 favourite beers.

ShawnW...I find it really weird that you don't get Kilkenny. It's all over the place here.

G,for beer from north of the border,I love Moosehead! I also like the Molson export ale when I can find it. I really prefer the taste over Molson golden.

I'm a huge fan of hoppy pale ales but in the summer heat on the patio w/the smoker I lean more to the lighter side. Heineken or Oberon Wheat Ale from Bell's.

Miller High Life (always on hand
smiley-eatdrink001.gif
) ~ Dos Equis Ambar
smiley-eatdrink004.gif
~ Pabst Blue Ribbon
smiley-eatdrink007.gif
~ Sol
smiley-eatdrink009.gif
~
Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss/Red/Creamy Dark/Oktoberfest
smiley-eatdrink050.gif
~ Sam Adams
smiley-eatdrink005.gif
~
just to name a few...

Call me a beer elitist, but after drinking a lot of German beers, I think American lagers just plain suck.

Bud, miller, coors... ugh. No thank you. Tasteless and watery. Not to mention you drink 2 and pee 3.

I like Smithwick's Irish Ale, too, and Belgian ales are a good choice. Stone does make a good pale ale, but the IPA's are too hoppy for me.

Boddington's is another fave.

Seriously, though... if you like Lagers you must try Spaten and Paulaner.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Stone does make a good pale ale, but the IPA's are too hoppy for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's funny because up until a year or so ago, I wasn't a "hop" guy myself. Now, can't get enough. Racer 5 is another top pick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShawnW:
Call me a beer elitist, but after drinking a lot of German beers, I think American lagers just plain suck. Bud, miller, coors... ugh. No thank you. Tasteless and watery. Not to mention you drink 2 and pee 3. Seriously, though... if you like Lagers you must try Spaten and Paulaner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Shaun, when you start drinking as much beer as I do, then tell me you'll continue to pay the case after case AFTER case prices of Spaten and Paulaner... I agree with you, Paulaner is an excellent beer... but for pete's sake, you gonna shell out 18 to 20 bucks for JUST a 12pack? H3llNo!
Son, I can drink a 12 pack while you're reading the label of your 2nd bottle.
icon_smile.gif

Besides, Miller is the hometown brew with friends STILL there... GOTTA support the HTB.
icon_biggrin.gif

Son? Drink a 12 pack while I am on beer #2?

Obviously you don't know me. 8^)

I am a RETIRED Sailor. I've drank beers all over the world and ordered them in different languages.

And yes, since I am retired and collecting a pension AND have a full time job, I see no reason not to pay $15 for a 12 pack of drinkable beer.

IMO, it's better than spending $10 for a 12 pack that'll barely tickle my taste buds on it's (quick) way through my liver, kidneys and bladder.

YMMV.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShawnW:
Son? Drink a 12 pack while I am on beer #2?
Obviously you don't know me. 8^)
I am a RETIRED Sailor. I've drank beers all over the world and ordered them in different languages. And yes, since I am retired and collecting a pension AND have a full time job, I see no reason not to pay $15 for a 12 pack of drinkable beer. IMO, it's better than spending $10 for a 12 pack that'll barely tickle my taste buds on it's (quick) way through my liver, kidneys and bladder. YMMV.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
smiley-ashamed004.gif
please pardon my stupidity... and, My Apologizes.
icon_smile.gif

Not at all. I have a friend in Green Bay who I usually visit each summer. (he brought the family here this year)

Maybe one day we can share a glass of suds and discuss this like gentlemen... with food and cigars.
icon_smile.gif

i used to drink beer like it was water. after a bunch of healthissues due to that i quit for a long time. i've been back to drinking beer again but i drink maybe 1 or 2 a month at most. but when i do i like to drink something that has substance. if ya drink a belgium beer you will need only 2 to knock you down.

Back