Weber's Orange Ginger Pork Chops

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Weber's recipe of the week came yesterday for Orange Ginger Pork Chops. As luck would have it, I had a couple chops in the fridge begging to be grilled. Good stuff. I served with some zucchini that I spritzed with balsamic, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Rested and waiting:

P3190193.jpg

Plated with the zukes:

P3190198.jpg

JimK,

Thanks for posting this. I had stopped receiving the Weber weekly recipe and didn't realize it. They are usually outstanding recipes.

Your chops look great and I can imagine how well the orange and ginger go with the meat. I can't find the recipe at the Weber website. Do you have a link to it?

Jim

Jim, yours looks better than Weber's photo shot!
I'm makin' these! Might even grill the carrots
icon_biggrin.gif

Jim in Pewaukee, don't have the link but here's the recipe:
Marinade
1 cup fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 bone-in pork rib chops, each about 3/4 inch thick
Vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
1. In a medium bowl mix the marinade ingredients.
2. Place the pork chops in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag several times to distribute the marinade, place the bag flat in a rimmed pan, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
3. Prepare the grill for direct and indirect cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
4. Remove the pork chops from the bag and reserve the marinade. Pat the chops dry on both sides with paper towels and brush off the bits of ginger and garlic. Lightly coat the chops on both sides with oil and season evenly with the salt and pepper. Let the chops stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before grilling. Meanwhile pour the marinade into a small saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, and boil for at least 30 seconds. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
5. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the pork chops over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the surface is well marked but not burned, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once or twice and swapping their positions as needed for even cooking. Move the chops over indirect high heat and cook until firm to the touch but still slightly pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once or twice, basting the chops occasionally with the boiled marinade. Remove from the grill. Serve warm.

this recipe caught my attention too. i may do it one night this week as i have spares for tomorrow. i also loved the smoked chicken chili that is made with boneless thighs. it was soooo gooood.

Originally posted by Lonnie Mac:
Been wanting to try these all week.. Have the grill firing up now. This should be GREAT!

Be sure to let us know how they turn out.

my loin chops are now marinating and the OTS will be put to work shortly!

can't wait to eet!
icon_biggrin.gif
i'm hungry!!

Back