All American Veggie Burger. (not veggie)

Josef Gangwish

TVWBB Member
So this is my answer to vegitarians, I call it the all american veggie burger.

First... You take a few skinless chicken breasts and either pund them flat to between a 1/4 and 1/2 inch or cut them the long way kind of likeyour filleting a fish to get 2 flatter portions.

Second... Go ahead and fire up the WSM or your favorite Kettle and then season the chicken with your favorite rub or seasoning and pat them down good.

Third... Make your self some small bacon weaves as if you were gonna make some mini fatties and then tighty wrap each seasoned chicken pattie with bacon.

Fourth... On the grill or smoker they go over your favorite wood until you have tender chicken and crispy bacon. You can do it either slow or fast depends ive done it both and it works both ways

Meanwhile... Cut some good kaiser rolls or buns of your choice and brush the insides with some butter.

Last... In the last few minutes of cooking taost them over the coals to get a nice little crisp to your buns and toss a thick slice of cheddar or your favorite cheese on the burgers.

Asemble with your prefered condiments or sauce and enjoy.

Let me know what you all think, I want to say I invented this so let me know if you have done this or heard of this before.

Sounds like my kind of veggie burger. Why not just add a little ground beef as well? Couldn't hurt could it? Just a little.
icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah you can do it with beef too and you get an amped up bacon cheeseburger. Another way i have found is to used ground turkey and if you are going to try this it works much better on the grill than it does on the smoker or any way you do t wether it be chicken, beef or turkey so i hope you all give it a try and enjoy.

Back