Pork chops

Chuck Simon

TVWBB Pro
I went to Menards today to buy a new humidifier filter. While I was there I figured I would check out what kind of grilling accessories they carried. They had Royal Oak brand charcoal and lump. The only lump they carried was the Steak House lump. I decided to try it. I was making pork chops for dinner tonight. As you can tell my family loves pork chops. I decided to make my own marinade for them and also to try out the lump. Here is a pic of the chops before going on the grill.
CIMG3791.jpg

The lump lit up really quick and got really hot. I had to use my gasser as a wind break due to the ashes blowing everywhere. You can see Sadie in the background stalking the grill because she wanted the pork chops.
CIMG3792.jpg

Here is a pic after the flip. There was a lot of carmelization due to the marinade and the high heat from the lump. All in all a great meal.
CIMG3793.jpg

Thanks Ron! Sadie is an Akita. I cannot believe she is going to be 8 years old in Feb. Buster is a great looking dog!

Nice chops! I love lump charcoal for grilling, gets hotter and the flavor can't be beat. The steakhouse is what they sell at my Menard's down here too. Luckily my dad and brother are in the restaurant business, so they order me 40lb bags of Royal Oak lump and I pick them up when I go home every couple months. Stuff disappears pretty quick in the summer as the oven/stove sees very little action.

Back