Is there a Made in USA cast iron grate option?

Joshua Brown

I went to buy a replacement grate for the performer to find that Weber's grates are now made in China or Taiwan. So then I thought it would be a good reason to upgrade to a cast iron grate. I'm going to assume that the charbroil and stok ones you see at the box stores are china in origin.

I can not for the life of me find a statement of country of origin for Graycort grates. That undoubtedly means China, but I'd love to know a definitive answer on that.

I thought that someone made a cast iron solution for the 22.5" weber here in the USA, but I can't seem to find one (grillgrate and mangrate are USA made, but I was looking for something closer to the flat designs)

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

-josh

The Stok cast iron grate is what I use without any issues. It's made in USA I think.

The Stok cast iron grate is what I use without any issues. It's made in USA I think.

Although I like how it has the cutout for the chimney handle, the stok (at least according to Amazon) is made in china, and is porcelain coated which is not what I'm after.

I'll probably just get the stainless hinged grate from weber cs, even though it is probably made in taiwan like most of their accessories these days.

If you're not absolutely set on cast iron, look into GrillGrates. They're made of anodized aluminum, lower maintenance and weight, and they work better

Back