Holy Hot Dogs!

Pat Smith

TVWBB Wizard
We had a "tailgate" party for our youth at church this past Sunday. The Missus and I decided we would do hot dogs. I steamed 180 Oscar Meyer's in beer at the house (we're Methodist but still were a little uncomfortable about popping the top on the Bud in the church parking lot), put them in aluminum pans in a cooler and headed to the tailgate.

I set up my Weber Q220 (Redhead) and once it got heated up, commenced to browning up the hotdogs.

They got rave reviews. We had lots of leftovers and just as the tailgate was winding down, we got caught in a downpour. Luckily the dogs and been boxed up in a cooler and we took them to a local men's shelter, which was very glad to get some extra grub.

All in all it was a great evening.

Here are some of the dogs browning up on the Q220!

0816091748a.jpg

Well Pat, my rough count is 45 dogs on your Redhead, with room to spare!

Great job, and great deed to put the extra dogs to good use!

Kinda got me to thinking about how many more of these little "wonder grills" Weber could sell if more tailgaters, backyard grillers, campers, etc knew about them, and how good they really are.
I guess Weber is satisfied with their sales, since they don't seem to advertise.

About the downpour. It seems that all I have to do is uncover and cook on one of my grills, and before it has cooled enough to re-cover, the rains come!
Wonder if there is any money to be made in drought striken areas?

I know what you mean about the rain! I cooked some steaks on my Performer last night and I'm headed out to cover it this morning before the daily "scattered showers" hit!

These Q grills are impressive enough that I am thinking about getting rid of my Genesis Silver B in favor of a Q 320. If I could just find one in RED!

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">These Q grills are impressive enough that I am thinking about getting rid of my Genesis Silver B in favor of a Q 320. If I could just find one in RED! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
51-krL%2Byu1L._SL500_AA280_.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Kinda got me to thinking about how many more of these little "wonder grills" Weber could sell if more tailgaters, backyard grillers, campers, etc knew about them, and how good they really are.
I guess Weber is satisfied with their sales, since they don't seem to advertise.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Q series has to be the best grill around as you all know.
Weber Australia ran a series of TV adertisments last year and sales of the Q went through the roof. They are extremely popular in Australia now. Many people have converted from the traditional Australian method of grilling on an open hotplate to grilling on a grill with the lid/hood down.
The BBQ season this year (September - April) promises to be even bigger for Weber Australia. I guess I'll do another demonstration season for them this year.

Cheers

Phil - I wish I could come "down under" and be your sous chef for your Weber demos, but I don't have that many frequent flyer miles!

Pat

Hi Folks,

Just an extension on Phil's post, as he mentioned the sales of the Weber Q range went through the roof and in one section of the Market is the 'Grey Nomads' who are newly retired people in their 60's pulling up stumps and even selling their houses, setting up their Huge RV's (caravans,Motorhomes and even converted buses) and travelling this mighty land for years on end and the Weber Q100,120,200 & 220's sell like hotcakes due to their simplicity, portability and performance.
They are so versatile because we have 2 styles of griddle plates that are especally made for the Q series grills, the cast Aluminium breakfast plate and the cast iron sizzle hotplate with 2 hook legs to keep it off the table whilst red hot.
Then theres the teflon sheet that can be placed directly ontop of the grill bars so you can cook your vegies and anything that might fall through and you don't need oil but you can still get your grill marks without too much burning.
How versatile is that!! Oh yeah and the roasts that come out of these Q's are sensational.....no wonder they are the best sellers downunder...I would even go as far to say,that they may even suit our style of outdoor cooking better than they do in the US and I strongly beleive that Weber had created the miracle that they did when they first invented the kettle.

Cheers

Davo

unfortunately here in america it still seems to be all show thus the big stainless monsters. almost useless really. i'm certainly glad i got my red head. should use it more but that will come during the winter. phil, we need to see more pics from ya !

Hay Jay! If I quit eating all the things that are bad for me and doing all the things that are bad for me, I wouldn't have anything to eat or do!! Hot dogs are the least of it!

I just did a 50+ dog/brat cook very similar to this. out of curiosity I weighed my propane tank before and after.

2.8 oz of propane was consumed.

dang.
icon_eek.gif

Back