Memorial Day/Smoke Day 2014

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
OMG. I just received a gift from TVWBB member J.Long. You see, a while ago J Long asked for a grill grate. after a few back and forth PM(s), I got his address and sent a few goodies. He used the goodies in a cook for a hail and farewell for his troops in Korea.

These are a couple of the photos he sent me of the event:

imagejpg5_zps2f2f155e.jpg

imagejpg12_zps4d6d1c91.jpg

imagejpg17_zps6bc55529.jpg

Today, I received an extremely high honor: MSGT Long sent me a flag that was flown over the DMZ in the ROK on an A-10 along with a certificate and unit coin. I am extremely proud of this gift and it has made my Smoke Day and Memorial Day weekend the very best in recent memory. This will be placed in a position of honor and I will tell the story for the rest of my days. I am extremely proud of this gift. Thank You J Long!

Last edited:
Wow.....How cool is that!!

Very nice, Dwain. I'm sure it makes your Smoke Day and Memorial Day weekend that much better.

Enjoy!!:wsm:

Wow, how cool is that! Pretty awesome, and it's been in an A-10! If anyone has never seen (or heard) an A-10 "warthog" hitting targets, I suggest you YouTube it. You'll have a new appreciation for them and the men and women who pilot and service them.

Just plain awesome! What a great honor. Happy smoke day and good bless master sergeant Long and all those we remember this Memorial Day.

Back