A couple of removable add ons

Mac

TVWBB Guru
Here's some add ons to my WSM that make it more convenient to use.
DSCN2908.JPG

I bent a Slide-A-Side so it holds the lid.
DSCN2910.JPG

Also added this Homemade plywood table using the Weber frame. It has slots in to hold the Tool Rack.
DSCN2909.JPG

Every thing stores inside of the WSM when not in use.

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:/QUOTE]
"pretty slick work Mac!"
Thanks
"here, we thought you were just another pretty face"
There you go thinking again, Jim.
89.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
Really like the lid holder that is what im missing the most with the wsm.

Looks great </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Thanks Daniel. Is the Slide-Aside avalible to you in Sweden?

Wow, great modifications Mac! Thanks for posting those.

Daniel, if there isn't a slide aside available in Sweden, I have one with your name on it. Just let me know. Thanks
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Shaun for the offer one the "slide aside" thats to kind of you!
icon_smile.gif

But i found those for sale here in sweden to,online that is(never seen them live).

And that side table looks great. But i have my 22" platinum on one side and(hopfully in the future)the lid holder on the other side so the table is a bit overkill in my current setup.

Thx for sharing!

Here are some requested close up shots of the the lid holder.
These views show the cut tab compared to an original tab.
DSCN3143.JPG

DSCN3144.JPG

The view from the inside when it's mounted.
DSCN2911.JPG

And from above with the lid in place.
DSCN3149.JPG

Hope this helps. If anybody needs more info in this let me know. My email is in my profile.

Mac had a great idea with the slide-aside for the wsm. I had bought one for each of my kettles, so I just decided to sacrifice one and found out that it wasn't too much trouble at all. It easily stores in the cooker, and I'm thinking of making a similiar hang-on shelf as well.

Thanks, Mac!

Hey Dave, I'm glad to see someone else do this. It's probably one of the easiest mods to do. The inspiration for the table came from Chris' The Little Red Bullet Project. I keep the Plywood table in the WSM with the frame and lid holder for storage. I keep the nice wood table in the house. Years ago I had one that ended up splitting do the weather and my ignorance.
icon_redface.gif
Won't let that happen again.

Back