New Weber add-on

Gary Hafer

TVWBB Member
Weber has a pizza stone that's removable from a stainless rack. The rack resembles the other Weber Style accessories, like the newer rib rack. The whole assembly is just a bit too big to go on to kettle and still lift the end grates.

i really do not like the new weber designs. would be really sad and stupid if it does not fit the kettle. also, why is weber's site so far behind what they have and are now selling ??

I don't think it doesn't fit on the kettle. I think Gary's saying that it's that you can't lift the end of the grate on the kettle when you have the stone on.

I don't mind the design, but my Pampered Chef stones work just fine.

JCullen's right, and I should have clarified. The two lift-up grates for refueling are blocked by the new racks. However, the rack fits nicely inside the kettle dome.

The stone, however, works well with making bread and rectangular pizzas. It's convenient to have a platform as most pizza stones have to remain in place until they cool in the kettle.

I wish, though, we Americans has access to the British Weber products. For example, Weber UK has a new pizza stone that is also designed for baking bread in the kettle. There are a whole host of products too, like knives and spice grinders, that are UK-only and no company will ship them (legally) to the States.

Gary

My wife has a Pampered Chef Pizza stone. Has anyone had success with that approach? Would like to try out the Trader Joe's Pizza dough which I understand is very good.

Cliff, be careful! I shattered my wifes PC stone last year. I went to slide a raw pizza onto it, but the dough stuck a bit to the peel. Needless to say this caused a small tear in the dough and some cold sauce dripped onto that hot stone.
Even after we told them how it broke, PC was tops about replacing it. We just had to send back a piece of the broken stone and 2 weeks later a new one was on our doorstep.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CullenJ:
I don't think it doesn't fit on the kettle. I think Gary's saying that it's that you can't lift the end of the grate on the kettle when you have the stone on.

I don't mind the design, but my Pampered Chef stones work just fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why can't you just turn the rack so it's perpendicular to the two lift-up grates?

Back