Rib Eyes with Grilled Sweet Potato Salad

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
The rib eyes could have had a better char, but we enjoyed them anyway. I can’t remember the last time we had a good steak.
IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

Recipe for Grilled Sweet Potato Salad.

Oh, Momma! Looks great. Those steaks look fantastic and the grilled sweet potato salad looks amazing. The recipe says to par-cook them. Did you do this? If so, how?

Originally posted by Don Cash:
Oh, Momma! Looks great. Those steaks look fantastic and the grilled sweet potato salad looks amazing. The recipe says to par-cook them. Did you do this? If so, how?
Slice the sweet potatoes 1/2 inch thick. Place them in a glass casserole dish. Add 1/2 cup of water, place the cover on and microwave high for several minutes until just barely fork tender. Drain and go from there. Thanks Don! It really is a simple, tasty dish.

Looks great Gary, thanks for the sweet potato recipe. I have been trying to eat more of them lately (doctors orders) and this looks like a great new way. I will be trying that tonight!

excellent Gary.

Did you say you were interested in the Momofuku book? I saw those grilled sprouts and I had a Pavlovian response: Kimchi Sauce!

I too was going to ask if the sweets were pre-cooked. I find them extremely challenging to work with, especially on the grill (never mind them in the fryer
icon_rolleyes.gif
).

I know you like asian inspired things, so next time you plan on grilling sweets, when they come off hit them with salt and shichimi togarashi and serve them with a mixture of kewpie mayo and sriracha. Its mine and my wife's favorite way to do them.

Thanks much J. Yeah, parboil the sweets: Slice the sweet potatoes 1/2 inch thick. Place them in a glass casserole dish. Add 1/2 cup of water, place the cover on and microwave high for several minutes until just barely fork tender. Drain and go from there. As you can see, they grill up really nicely.
Thanks for the Asian tip! On a related note: a friend and I went to our favorite Singapore/Malaysian restaurant Saturday night: Nyonya in Chinatown, NYC. I'm still daydreaming about the Indian Fishhead Curry. Mmmm. Next time you're down that way, try it with your wife.

Back