Colorado > Superior: Wayne's Smoke Shack

Frank Eriksen

TVWBB Super Fan
http://www.waynessmokeshack.com/

Wayne's Smoke Shack is one of my favorite BBQ joints in Colorado. It's close to where I live and Wayne does brisket right.

Wayne opened up his BBQ restaurant a bit over a year ago in the Costco center in Superior Colorado and has been enjoying steady growth ever since. Wayne cooks on 3 FEC-120's and wraps all his meats in brown butcher paper. Wayne is only open for lunch Tuesday thru Saturday. Get there early. Meat and sides can sell out quickly on busy days.

Like I mentioned up top - Wayne does brisket right. His ribs could be better - but so could mine.

Perhaps the best things about Wayne's Smoke Shack is --- Wayne. He genuinely loves BBQ. Smoking it. Serving it. Eating it. He's always happy to talk BBQ if the place isn't too busy or the line isn't too long. He is almost always behind the counter slicing, chopping and serving up his "Q".

The exterior of Wayne's Smoke Shack is just bricks and mortar - but the interior is very comfortable and homey.

I rate Wayne's a solid 3 out of 4 stars. He could easily coax me up to a 4 if he perfects his ribs. Which are decent. But for now - I'll settle for a 1/2lb of his Texas Brisket. Wayne does Brisket, right!!!

Back