BEAR PAWS

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Does anyone have/use these?
http://www.kck.com/bear-paws-bbq-meat-handler.html
I just bought a pair on eBay for 10 and a half bucks delivered. A co-worker told me today he knows someone in comp that can pull pork faster than you can whistle Dixie using this gadget.
I told him if I buy them and they work like he does
icon_wink.gif
he pays me back the 10.50

I bought a pair a few months ago and love them. Can pull pork REAL fast and while they are still hot. No gloves needed. For 10.50 they are worth it.

When I pull pork, I'm pretty picky to get out all the nasties. When you use these claws, I can see how they would be good at shredding the meat, but then what, do you rummage through the meat or are you maybe not as anal as me?

yeah, i like to pull out the nasty bits by hand, too.

but these things seem to be worth the money alone for how you can lift the big birds up with them!

well, they arrived in the post yesterday and I'll use them this weekend on a 9 lb butt...
many times I've thrown away cash, so if this is a failure, it will not be the first wasted 10 bucks.
I do, however, have high expectations
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Jerry, I'm not a big fan of the nasties either. For me the bear claws just make it quicker to find them to pull out.
Jim, I think you will find you have made a wise investment.

They are a real timesaver for breaking butts down to manageable pieces. I usually just use 'em for a rough mangling of the meat and pick through/pull by hand to keep pork from being shredded (as opposed to pulled).

You'll love 'em.

Ron

well, the 9 lb butt I was gonna do this weekend is now TWO 9 lbers that I'll do Wednesday night and into Thursday morning. Looking forward to this...
Today is turkey legs and wings the butcher was practically giving away. Should make a nice snack for today's game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Jim, Did you growl while shredding.
icon_smile.gif
Looks like a must have item! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Not sure, but Liz said something like,
You're Having Fun With Those, Aren't You?
I'll tell ya Bob, they make short work outta pullin'pork. Yet another invention I missed on
icon_frown.gif

The missus saw someone using those on TV and asked if I wanted some for Christmas. I told her that there were lots of great reviews,and &%#@* yes! I wanted some.
icon_biggrin.gif

Yes I did! I actually got to use them yesterday for the Christmas eve Phil-b-q I took to moms. They were,as Tony used to say,GREAT! Gonna use them today for the ham and turkey.

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">M</span><span class="ev_code_RED">E</span><span class="ev_code_GREEN">R</span><span class="ev_code_RED">R</span><span class="ev_code_GREEN">Y</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">C</span><span class="ev_code_GREEN">H</span><span class="ev_code_RED">R</span><span class="ev_code_GREEN">I</span><span class="ev_code_RED">S</span><span class="ev_code_GREEN">T</span><span class="ev_code_RED">M</span><span class="ev_code_GREEN">A</span><span class="ev_code_RED">S</span> <span class="ev_code_BLACK">PHIL!</span>

Back