Awesome, affordable, pressurized marinade injector!

Alan Soden

TVWBB Fan
s7_540722_999_01
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Food-Marinade-Injector/1400646.uts

Was wondering if my marinade needle would screw onto a small pressurized sprayer from local hardware store - will check when I get home today, but then I found this!

My wife picked me up the No Cent's version of that. I liked it a lot. I was using a nice syringe style injector. But the jug style work much better if you have a lot of marinade to inject.

http://www.nocents.us/injector.html

I have the model with the full ball valve and it works very well. You can really build up some pressure in these units that no hand syringe can compare to.

They will also sell you just the needle assembly so you can go to your local hardware store and do exactly what you were thinking. They also provide instructions on how to do this and disenfect your hardware store bottle.

Last edited:
Wow, that No Cent's version should be called No Joke - it looks heavy duty. I've been using a syringe injector too. I've been curious how much injection people are using - ask 10 people and get 10 answers but one team said they use 2 cups in a single butt! Not sure that's real or not but I'm going to try using more than I have and this looks like a simpler way. I think the syringe injectors are time consuming, cumbersome, and messy.

Wow, that No Cent's version should be called No Joke - it looks heavy duty. I've been using a syringe injector too. I've been curious how much injection people are using - ask 10 people and get 10 answers but one team said they use 2 cups in a single butt! Not sure that's real or not but I'm going to try using more than I have and this looks like a simpler way. I think the syringe injectors are time consuming, cumbersome, and messy.

The syringe styles are perfectly fine if you're not doing a lot of injecting. Although, it can be a pain to drawn up all the marainade into the unit.

We like to deep fry several turkeys around thanksgiving and over the years my wife and I have tried several different injectors. For hand held syringe we found the Cabela's SS one to be most durable. I've gotten many of the plastic ones over the years and end up giving them to friends who are just getting into barbeque. I also have a nice Spit Jack unit. I like it better than the syringe as it's a trigger unit and came with multiple needles in a nice case, but it was a bit pricey. But just like the syringe, it can be a pain to get the very last of your marinade into the unit. The jug system works great, but is more suited if you're using a lot of marinade. Mine holds up to a gallon of mairnade and realized I needed to pay closer attention to portion control when injecting several turkeys (I used to do 4 cups to a turkey, with the jug, It's kind of hard to tell how much I've actually used)

It's a bit bulky, but what is nice is you pump/pressurize the jug and your'e pretty much good to go and the pressure you get off the jug is amazing. it takes a bit to get used to , but we like it. Clean up isn't too bad, rinse the jug, hot water some mild soap and pressurize the jug and clean out the lines and rinse.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has used the motorzies ones and I've seen hand pump ones that connect to a large 5 gallon bucket as well anyone ever use those?

Back