chicken recipe part II request

Paul K

TVWBB Guru
I did a trial run of the chicken recipe tonight and it came out very tasty. The prosciutto on the inside was a natural; I don't know what I was thinking earlier. Kevin; the combo of goat and mascarpone cheese 50/50 was great. The one issue I had was that the panko bread crumbs didn't brown very much. I set the oven at 350 and it is pretty accurate. The one wild card in this is that I intruduced a pan of stuffed mushrooms soon after the chicken went in. The mushrooms were in for about 20 minutes. The chicken was cooked after about 55 mins, but the crumbs were not browned at all. It was a visual let down. Was it the additional pan in the oven at the same time? Should I spritz the crumbs (coating) with a little oil? Or obviously cook the mushrooms separately? I won't have time to cook this recipe again before presenting it to my guests. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

One would think that the fat in the chicken skin would provide plenty for the bread crumbs to brown at those temps and time.
icon_confused.gif

These were skinless breasts; pounded to about 1/4 thick. After that pounding, there wouldn't have been much left of the skin anyway. With the panko coating, I don't think the skin would have crisped up and I wouldn't want a rubbery skin that most people would opt to discard. Mainly a sensory/visual issue. I'll probably give the next ones a quick spray of olive oil and maybe go up to 375.

Back