I just installed a Bi-Metallic "Tel-Tru" thermometer...

M Mason

TVWBB Fan
I got tired of the cheap candy thermo I had and decited to see what I could do about getting a quality thermometer in my kettle. I called around and found a local place that had these little 50-500 tel-tru thermos in stock. $20.00 for this one and it appears to be well built.

I'll report back here when I've had an oppertunity to see it work.

631298886_VTkzv-L.jpg

-Mark.

Hey guys - what's the model of the Tel Tru shown? I have one of the larger units that I have not installed yet. I'd kind of like a smaller one like in the pic above.

Originally posted by Bill E.:
Is 12" too long? Is shorter preferred? Will 12" hit the meat if you have a big butt or butts?

Hey now--this is a family site. Lets keep it clean

Originally posted by Jon Mc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill E.:
Is 12" too long? Is shorter preferred? Will 12" hit the meat if you have a big butt or butts?

Hey now--this is a family site. Lets keep it clean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops I should have cleaned that up a bit! Very funny John Mc!

LOL!!!

BTW Bill, you'll notice that Mr. Mason really used a 2.5" stem (if you were continuing the joke and I missed it, I apologize).

Can't wait to get my new Tel-Tru's,
Kevin H.

What model is that thermo? I need to add one to my smoker and probably my ots. What is the name of the place that you bought the thermo from and do the have a website?

Thanks

Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback. As a science teacher I know about the temperature range issues, I wasn't quite thing when I made the post, but if I get thermos in the same family, I can get a consistant size and quality on the thermos.

Thanks!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Originally posted by Kevin Hoober:
LOL!!!

BTW Bill, you'll notice that Mr. Mason really used a 2.5" stem (if you were continuing the joke and I missed it, I apologize).

Kevin H.

Thanks I was serious, I did not want to get something with too long a stem that might be problem. I did enjoy the joke however too!

Been out of the game for a good long while. The tel-tru is still running strong after years of sitting outside in the elements. it's a 50-500 with no calibration control.

Eleven years. Wow, that's a good long hiatus! Welcome back!

Yes, they are built to last. My old Trend bi-metal therm is now 21 years old and still accurate as ever.

11 years is a nice trail run! I just installed a Tel-Tru on one of my grills. Nice to hear that I (hopefully) won't have to worry about replacing it for 11+ years! I'm not sure I've came across a standard Weber thermometer that's lasted that long.

Back