Smoke Day 10 Get-Together: Jim Lampe, Raymond WI

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Jim will be opening up the P1GVILION to locals that want to celebrate Smoke Day 10 on Saturday, May 24 in Raymond, Wisconsin. To be clear, this is not a weekend celebration, rather a one-day invite to stop by for cooking pork, smoking pork and grilling pork, as Jim says!

Wish I could stop by, but events will keep me close to home on Smoke Day this year...but maybe next year, who knows? I need to check Wisconsin off my bucket list. :)

Jim will post more details here soon.

Yeah, no real plans or details yet, but we'll do something...
probably start early morning... ribs certainly will be on the WSM... some sorta grilled munchies thru-out the day...
we'll come up with more details and plans as we get closer to the 24th of May.
if you are interested in swinging by and/or have any ideas or suggestions, please PM me.

My general location is: approximately 2 miles west of Interstate 94 at 7 Mile Road (Exit 326) in Racine county.

Jim,

I'm starting my party at 2:00 on May 24. My wife will be baking too many pies again (she promised to bake no more than 40 this time). Anyone wanting to stop for dessert on the way home from the Pigvilion is welcome to drop by. We're about 4 miles north of I-94 at Exit 295 (Sussex/Waukesha).

Jim

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite Jim! Wish I was able to come! Spending the beginning of the summer in Seattle for work, bummer! Little grilling will be done there.

I would love to join in the festivities, but geography says it ain't gonna happen. Some pics would be nice if you could post some...:D

Ok folks... Sending this from my phone so if I screw s'thing up, urll know

any member of this forum is invited over Saturday
If you like to stop by, please send me a PM for more info & directions
we'll be cookin spares an other stuff on The side...

if you don't drink beer, bring along what you like.
i think this year may be a bit special... But that remains to be seen (or experienced)

hope to to see some folks from this GREAT site!!

thanks again Chris! ;)

Jim,

Some year we should get smart and do Saturday at your place and Sunday at mine. I didn't think that far ahead this year.

Jim

Jim , I would dearly love to visit your place and eat some BBQ with you. (And possibly knock back a cocktail or three) but time and distance make it seem unlikely to happen. I appreciate the invite , though. And I will be there in spirit. Hope you all have a fun day.

understandable Frank, and we'd love to have you here....
Actually looking forward to this one... it's gonna be pretty special ;)

Maybe I could hit the two Jims for next Smoke Day... :)
Then hit the gym ;)

I can attest to the fine food turned out at the P1GVILION!

I think for most members, it would be nice to visit others, but we want to do our own smokes.:wsm:
Plus, for most working folks it's the first 3 day holiday since New Years, and a time to gather with family.
Along with the fact that we are scattered all over the place.

Jim , I would dearly love to visit your place and eat some BBQ with you. (And possibly knock back a cocktail or three) but time and distance make it seem unlikely to happen. I appreciate the invite , though. And I will be there in spirit. Hope you all have a fun day.

That would be cool. Unfortunately distance is a slight issue.

We where going to make the trip, but other family members decided that the Pig Pen was the place to be.
I do like the idea of 2 days, 2 Jims for next year.

Back