Massachusetts > Northboro: Texas BBQ Company

Jeff Padell

TVWBB Pro
The Texas BBQ Company
309 Main St
Northborough MA
Texasbbqco.com

Decided to give them a try, It was lunchtime on a Saturday about 15 minutes after they opened, plenty of parking, you enter the bar and the dining room is to the right. Clean with 9 tables/booths. Very friendly staff who were very attentive. The dining room is very clean and airy. By 1 pm all the tables were occupied.
I ordered the two meat combo, they also have a 3 meat. I wanted brisket and wanted to try the ribs, the baby back and St Louis were an additional $7 on the 2 meat which is $17.98. I decided to try the beef rib – as I like beef ribs and it is Texas, they said the beef rib was $4 for 1, but they are advertised as premium. The meats are served dry with sauce on the table.
They advertise Texas size portions, but is must be a small neighborhood, there were two slices of brisket one about ½ inch thick and one ¼ inch. The brisket had a nice visible crust and smoke ring but the crust was soft and the brisket pulled right apart, seemed dry to me. The ribs, they gave me two, were dry and the reason for the two, there wasn’t much meat on either one. They did have a nice smoke ring. The baked beans were sweet and not bad while the coleslaw was uninspired to me. To show they were not really “Texas sized” I had room for desert. I had the Pecan Pie and it was very good, the pecans on the top were chopped which made for easy spoonfuls.

I will pay a return visit to check it again.

Back