ZIPPO OUL?

Zippo

I have one of the MPL(Multi purpose lighter) it broke soon after I got it. For warranty it cost almost as much for shipping as buying a new one

Russell

I have one question, is the OUL a flicker flame like the rest of zippo's line or is it a jet like flame? I like how it looks.

Adrian

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adrian Bermudez:
I have one question, is the OUL a flicker flame like the rest of zippo's line or is it a jet like flame? I like how it looks.

Adrian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>this is a butane lighter so it should be the sharp flame

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adrian Bermudez:

Adrian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry it took me sooo long to respond!

It actually uses both flame types at the same time!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
a 1.00 butane lighter would work also. matches are even better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That statement was of great help.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Russell Y:
Zippo

I have one of the MPL(Multi purpose lighter) it broke soon after I got it. For warranty it cost almost as much for shipping as buying a new one

Russell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Russ, I have the very same and for over six years, never had a problem with it, use it all the time to start the wood stove, fires in the pit and grilling/smokin'/you name it.
Zippo is very much like Weber as far as their service goes, you can email Zippo or call them, they can/will send you a package to return the lighter to them for repair. At NO cost to you. Including shipping.
I'd check it out if you haven't thrown away your MPL.

It looks to me like a lighter I once owned that used a glow coil rather than a spark. If that's the case it should be very handy if you are using it outdoors a lot, unlike the cheapo spark lighters which blow out easily these stay lit in pretty stiff winds.

I've had one for over a year, haven't had a problem with it. I would order extra batteries for it though, while I love the LED light, its easy to forget to turn off. One thing I don't like about it, can be hard to fit in tight places. At Sam's Club today I purchased a 3 pack of flexible bernzomatic butane lighters for $9.99 - I think these will work better for smoking/grilling applications.

robert, i just noticed yer answer to my comment. i think it was a lot of help. there are other options to a expensive item. sorry if you felt it not worthy but then don't ask open ended questions either.

Back