California > Santa Clara: Big Ed's Buzzard BBQ

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_15551_zps88521ec6.jpg

http://www.bigedsbuzzardbbq.com/

Had lunch with a friend here on February 28, 2014. Small place, maybe 10 tables? Tried a 3-meat plate of brisket, pulled pork, and spareribs. Enjoyed the brisket the most. Spareribs were just right in terms of tenderness, but the slightest bit dry. Pork was coarsely pulled, but again trending a bit toward dry. Had shoestring fries and mac & cheese...nothing special about those. Corn bread muffin was sweet and served with cinnamon butter. Meal with a soft drink was almost $22.

It's located in an industrial area on the east side of Highway 101 near Lafayette St and Aldo Ave...way in the back off the street. Look carefully for the sign shown in the photo above. Very nice guy running the place. He does catering out of this location, which he says is the majority of his business. He also competes using Weber Smokey Mountain Cookers and teaches barbecue classes at the local Big Green Egg dealer.

Oddly, it looks like someone runs a decorated cake business out of his kitchen, too, because there are cake signs, cake art work, and sample cake designs in a glass case in the dining room!

I've taken his class before, the wife got it as a early vday gift to me. It was ok but it didnt teach me anything that I already didnt know.Not knocking him or anything but to me it was more geared toward the beginners aka people who use gas grills. His mango habaner bbq sauce is really good though.

Back