Do you use your Q more in the winter?

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
This will be my first winter using the Q 220, and I wondered if others go to gas more when the weather turns cold.

My old, and now gone, Brinkmann gasser got most of its work during the winter.
Run out, turn it on, run back in, run back out throw the meat on, etc.

I still do a lot of charcoal cooks, but less than when it's warmer.

I know, I know, George, What's a winter?
icon_smile.gif

Bob, it's 19' up here now, and the coal is gonna burn pretty darn soon.
If it's too cold for you, put a hat on
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Bob, it's 19' up here now, and the coal is gonna burn pretty darn soon.
If it's too cold for you, put a hat on
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim,
I'm kinda old, and I put in 37 yrs. working outside as a land surveyor, and now I'm just a wuss!
It's 29 and balmy here
icon_smile.gif

for me its a toss up. probably more on how i feel and what i'm cooking. some days i just feel cold so its the q220. but if i'm feeling fine then it will be charcoal especially if i'm wanting a bit of smoke.

Howdy Bob!

I use my Q220 a lot during the week. I keep it in the garage rather than on the back patio. I come home from work, drag it out and fire it up, then come upstairs, change clothes, get the meat (the beer is already in the fridge in the garage) then go back down and grill. By the time I get there, the Q usually is up to temp.

I did notice this week that it seemed to take the Q a little bit longer to get up to temp with the outside temperatures being in the low 40's, so it'll be interesting to see how it does when the temps get even colder.

I must say, however, I love my Q more with each and every cook!

Pat

Back