Weber is hitting the road, then and now *****

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
1960's:
Event%20Marketing%201960s.png

2014:
image1(1).jpeg

"In March of 2014, our Weber Grill Academy Experience it hitting the road."

"We will have an East Coast tour hitting Atlanta, Charlotte, Indianapolis, St Louis, Baltimore, Chicago. And a West Coast tour hitting Austin, Phoenix, San Diego, Portland, Denver, Boulder, Seattle.
Look for us at Memphis in May & Sturgis!"

Weber Blog.

Those look like the original gas kettles in that 73 Ranchero. Looks like it could use some air shocks in the back. Wish that I had one of the stands from the gas kettle
to mount a charcoal kettle on just for grins. That picture might have been taken at a location in Park Ridge IL (the old Perry's Pizza).

Last edited:
Thank you for the update,Bob! They are coming to Charlotte,but they aren't telling any details of the schedule. Grr!:mad:

Very annoying that they won't post the schedule on the website. Thats a crock of you know what if you ask me. Why the secrecy with the dates of the cities they will be in.

Very annoying that they won't post the schedule on the website. Thats a crock of you know what if you ask me. Why the secrecy with the dates of the cities they will be in.
If it's primarily a dealer event, maybe they don't want a lot of customers showing up. They did say they'll be at Memphis in May & Sturgis, so you know there's gonna be customers there.

But I wonder if it's mostly about educating and pumping up the retailers so they sell more Webers?

I have heard actual quotes like “WOW, this was amazing!” “This was a lifetime memory!” “I absolutely love Weber!” ‘This was by far the best training I have ever had”. “I’ve been selling Weber for many years, and I learned new things today”.

If this is the case, it's a great thing...but shouldn't be publicized on social media cuz it gets all of us excited and wanting to attend! :)

Back