Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast

Ivan Stratton

TVWBB Fan
I have been asked to cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast for one of my wifes coworkers. I really dont like them and almost never cook them. My plan right now is salt and pepper with some olive oil. Grill direct on the performer until charred nicely then moving to indirect to finish. Then I was thinking of serving with Alabama White BBQ sauce. If anybody has a favorite they would like to share I would appreciate it.

Ivan,

A specific recipe could be formed around other necessary information such as what kind of meal is this for? What is the setting? Skinless implies possibly a need to go low fat? What other restrictions or parameters need to be followed?

The issue with chicken breasts, is that they are naturally lean and can dry out easily if over cooked. A simple remedy is to obviously not over cook but you can also brine the meat or marinate it before hand. A very quick fix is to marinate in Italian dressing for several hours.

The options of what to do with the chicken are endless. You could stuff it, slice it and serve in a salad, use it for soft tacos or enchiladas, make it into soup or white chili, use it in a stir fry....

Last week, I wanted to come up with something that could be eaten on the road while driving. I pan fried some marinated chicken pieces with Panko bread crumbs and served it in tortillas with thinly sliced cabbage and tomato.

Paul

Butterfly the BSB and then stuff it with cooked bacon and sausage with peppers, onions, and cheese, then smoke the whole roll.

Then tell the wife's coworker to quit being so damn picky.

Paul K. - Things have changed a little now. She changed the date so now Im not the one cooking she is. She still wants a rub or recipe to help her out. The "parameters" are that she is making macaroni salad, squash casserole and grilled corn to go along with the chicken. I agree with Jim on the Roadside its my go to recipe for skin on chicken and it would be worth a try on BSB but she has limited knowledge on a grill and is using non-Weber gas grill.Im thinking the flare ups and patience might not be in her realm of cooking experience.I wish she wasnt so finicky because there is so much she "could" do but wont. Boneless skinless breast is not a health consideration its a picky consideration. My best advice to her at this point is whatever she does is not to overcook it. I might loan her a thermometer because I dont think she cooks by temperature but time.

Ivan,

It is very easy to cook the BSB but as others have said - she needs to not overcook them. A Thermopen would be perfect but she must get rid ot the "cooking by time: mindset.

I ofter rub the breasts lightly with evoo, and then add whatever rub I want for the flavors I want (Mediterranean, Cajun, Mexican,BBQ rub, etc).
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Ray

marinated overnight in Hoisin sauce with fresh minced garlic works pretty well, this coming from a guy who thinks a chicken is basically inedible!

Back