Rib Rack on Mini WSM

Most rib racks may not fit. You'll most likely have to modify the rack by cutting one end off with a grinder to fit.
You can also roll the rack of ribs and stand them on the grate.

Trail B;
Use the rib rack a number of us use with our Mini-Joe's - a Brinkman. They fit perfectly without alteration. You can buy them at Home Depot or Lowe's. They normally stock them. I have two of them (one for each grate) - I can do eight half racks of ribs at one time on my Mini, my 14.5", and my 18.5". One of them works well on the 22.5" OTG, also. They only cost $9.95 each, too. Here's what it looks like on my Mini-Joe:

I am VERY happy with this rack.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Last edited:
I have one, too, for my mini-build. This is a must-have accessory for any wsm build. In fact, I think I'm going to buy another one just to have both grates occupied at one smoke. Why not!

B Lasky, thanks for the link. I just ordered 2 racks using the TVWBB link. Looks like ribs will be on the menu this weekend!
Tim

Trail B;
Use the rib rack a number of us use with our Mini-Joe's - a Brinkman. They fit perfectly without alteration. You can buy them at Home Depot or Lowe's. They normally stock them. I have two of them (one for each grate) - I can do eight half racks of ribs at one time on my Mini, my 14.5", and my 18.5". One of them works well on the 22.5" OTG, also. They only cost $9.95 each, too. Here's what it looks like on my Mini-Joe:

I am VERY happy with this rack.

Keep on smokin',

Robert, any difference besides the coating between the Brinkman and the Weber four slot racks?

The Weber racks I looked at wouldn't fit the Mini (nor the 14.5). However, Weber may have several different racks. The Brinkman is made of larger diameter round stock and I prefer the Brinkman spacing. YMMV.

After getting the Brinkman racks I quit using my old rib rack on my OTG, too. I just flat LIKE the Brinkman racks.

One other thing, the Brinkman has a minimum of burnt on grease catching crevices. It is relatively easy to clean and that is important, too.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',

The Weber basic rack works just fine. I cut the slab of ribs in half and go at it.

120705c.jpg

Back