Moist/Dry Feature on Foodsaver Vacuum Sealers

Darren C.

TVWBB Pro
For those of you who have Foodsavers, does the moist/dry button on Foodsavers work well enough to pay more for a model that offers this feature? Is it a worthwhile feature?

when I seal moist items it's pretty obvious when to seal....when the liquid starts being sucked through. I don't think I'd pay much for just that feature but it's a rare occasion when I pull my foodsaver out.

Thanks. I'm having a hard time researching these things. I am pretty sure Foodsaver deliberately changes model names to make it more difficult to shop price.

I was in Bass Pro Shop yesterday. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to look at everything very closely. They have a Gamesaver Deluxe G250 for $139 (reg. price) and Gamesaver Sport for $59 (on sale, normally $79). I picked up the $139 Deluxe because that's the one that I went to buy. I was surprised to see the cheaper one. The differences between the 2 models that I am aware of are that the G250 has storage for a bag roll and a dry/moist button. I have not really been able to learn much else about them online. I can't even find the Sport (G200) on Bass Pro Shop's website.

This is my first Foodsaver. I'm not entirely sure how much I'll use it. I figure I'll use it at least occasionally. If the dry/moist button works, great! If I'm going to have to take some other kind of measures (like double bagging or putting a paper towel in the bag before sealing), then I might as well just get the cheaper one. I just don't want to pay $80 for a button that doesn't work as advertised. I'd like to have the storage for the roll of bag material and the cutter. That would be a feature worth having, but not $80.

There may be other differences. I just haven't found them anywhere online where I can compare them. Maybe I'll call Foodsaver.

I recently bought one with the "moist" feature and agree with Darren that it's pretty easy to tell when to stop by just watching. IIRC, there is a special bag for "wetter" items that looks to be a good idea. I haven't used it so I'm not sure if it's worth the extra storage or not.

It's one with the "Liquid Block" feature: Amazon.

"I'm having a hard time researching these things. I am pretty sure Foodsaver deliberately changes model names"
Yup. Just like mattress manufactures!
Only advantage (imo) is that the "moist" gives you maybe another second (because the vacuum isn't as strong) to
abort the cycle and manually go to seal.

This is the one I have..love the MOIST feature currently on sale
http://www.foodsaver.com/search?q=3840
B2DAA8C1-EDF6-4C8E-973A-1EFB463E3E24_zpstjcdejed.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Roger. Since you like the moist feature, I'll probably stick with the one I have. I actually looked at that model based on your link in another post. I think that would be a better deal than mine. But, I went with the Gamesaver Deluxe G250 because it is flat and I hoped that I could control the bag size better, reducing waste. Plus, it got a lot of good reviews on Amazon.

I think the "moist" feature runs the impulse sealer for a bit longer, in case it needs to boil off any extra liquid between the bags. As you will find out, liquid between the bags will prevent a sealer.

I have 2 of them with feature...don't waste your money on the feature..meat juice still gets sucked up into the sealing tray..
What I do to prevent this is I buy a box of Food Storage and Bread Bags ( the Safeway brand) they do not have pinch or zippers on them, but use zip ties, which I don't use.. I just bag whatever I plan on using the food saver on, and twist the bag, and fold the top over the bottom, then put it in a food saver bag and seal.

I've been using the Foodsaver for bout 15 years, (I'm on my second one) What Loyd said is the way to go, I vac seal meats, fish, and some veggies, paper towel wrap works every time..

Back