River Country Thermometer RCT 34

Dale Nichols

TVWBB Super Fan
I want to get a thermometer and Tel Tru BBQ is about $48.00 shipped and the RCT 34 is $18.00.
Anybody had bad luck with these.

They'll both give you an accurate reading on where you place it on the grill/smoker. I have a Tel-Tru, but mostly use a Turkey fryer therm stuck into the top vent.
48 clams and you drop the lid once ( like me ) and the thing is toast.. save some cash and go with the RCT, IMHO.
Tim

I have three river country rct2s in my mini, gasser and performer and they all match what my digital maverick et732 says within a degree or two. IMHO they are well worth the price.

I asked Dan at River Country what is the accuracy rage of the RC T34 example +/- 1 degree, and are they ASME 40 Grade A tested?

His answer was "The accuracy rate is 99.1% full scale. We do a 5 step dry heat cycle testing across the range of the dial, so unlike other models that say +/- 5 degrees at 200 but then at 400 the difference is doubled ours at 99.1% at 100 or at 500 degrees. Our thermometers are not officially tested at specific test as you asked, we use a thick 304 stainless housing and then we use 316 stainless on the welded stem so it last longer in the cooking chamber".

I bought one.

Last edited:

Back