Thermopop: $24 version of Thermapen

Chris in Louisiana

TVWBB All-Star
Ran across the Thermopop on another board. It's just a little slower (takes 5-6 seconds to register) than the $99 Thermapen, but a whole lot cheaper.

I have a Thermapen and love it, but this is a good option at the introductory price of $24 (list at $29).

Please report if you have tried one.
thermopop_misc_z_d.jpg

My wife got Me one for Valentine's Day. I have a Thermopen too, but this thing is great. It is backlit and the readout rotates. I am left handed so the readout on the Pen is always upside down. I used it on some steaks tonight and would say it is just as fast as the Pen too, 1-2 seconds. I would say perfect for the money.

that looks like the next one I'll get.... after my Taylor 9842 goes out (purchased 4/2012).

I have the other 6 sec thermoworks thermometer and it works great except for the fact it isn't backlit and it doesn't rotate. I want one!! And I like the color combos!!

$21 each if you buy 5. These look like great gifts and I'm thinking I may get several for friends. Shipping five of them to my zipcode is only $3.

I have a Thermapen, but I'm buying one for my Lady as she is a lefty and a few others for my Son's.
I like how the display rotates like a smarter than me phone, pretty cool!

Tim

Got my Thermopop yesterday and used it last night on some grilled chicken and I will say I'm really impressed for the money. Its fast, about 3-5 seconds and the probe is long enough to keep you away from the heat. It has a large display and is backlit and auto shutoff after 10 minuets to save the battery. For $24 it's a steal IMHO

Back