My new Q320

GaryMaines

Good day all...
Well I just got the Q320 and looking forward to using it this weekend. My bride likes fish and veggies and my Weber performer takes to long for her.I hope it is easy, I smoke allots, I have a BDS, Trager, Klose, Kamado and a WSM.
I have not used gas in about 20 years. It will be nice to scome home and have a steak ready to go on in about 10-15 minutes..after reading about the 320, looks like I made a good choice.Wish me luck..
Gary

You will love the 320. just 10 minutes pre-heat on high will get you over 500 degress, and you are ready to go. The cast iron grates make beautiful grill marks. The side shelves are good and sturdy, the two burners provide nice even heat all around. You won't need any luck to make good food, just relax and have fun with it, let the small but mighty Q320 do the work for you.

Gary
G'day mate - Good Choice You will be impressed I noted that "The Bride" likes fish, Here is a link to Fish on the Q The BBQ Grill sheet will make the fish the best you have had.

Cheers

thanks for your input..I just ordered the grill sheet and weber tool set from amazon.com

I am going to do some fish and chicken breasts Sunday, on amazon it says that you will still get grill marks using the sheet. how does that work?? it covers the grill. will the heat go thru the sheet?
Thanks all for your help

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GaryMaines:
thanks for your input..I just ordered the grill sheet and weber tool set from amazon.com

I am going to do some fish and chicken breasts Sunday, on amazon it says that you will still get grill marks using the sheet. how does that work?? it covers the grill. will the heat go thru the sheet?
Thanks all for your help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is only a thin sheet made from a Teflon type material. heat transfer is about 98%. Just make sure you have an air-gap so you can allow the air to flow easily from the bottom chamber to the top chamber.

Lightly oil the food this will help create those wonderful grill marks

Regards

well I have grilled on my new Q320 twice now, it get up in temp in no time, did a steak one night and chicken last nite, came out great.. Have one question for Phil (Capt. Cook)
When I do use the grill sheet, you say leave an air gap in it, do you mean put holes in it or just cut in smaller than the cast grill? I want to thank you all for your input...

Hi Gary
I mean that you just have an area at the side that is not covered by the grill sheet. Do not put holes in it.
I haven't cut mine at all I just have a bit hanging out the side.
Cheers

Back