New Years St. Louis Ribs in the Mini!!!

Khanh Hoang

TVWBB Fan
Thought I start the new year with some nice St. Louis ribs to break in my Mini's first cook...

Started at 1:15 pm, Sunny California about 78 F, little windy.. lit 10 briquettes and we were on our way..

it settled to 250F-268F and went up an down through out the cook, pretty consistent for a little cooker, I just use the tamale steamer tray as a diffuser and a little alum frying pan with nothing in it to see if I can maintain temp, it works great! about 5:18PM, I tested the bend test and they were ready, decided not to do the 3-2-1 as the last time I did, it was a little over cooked. these came out great..!

well, after having them for dinner, the ribs were a little dry, the BBQ sauce saved the day.. I think next time, I will foil for an hour and see what happens, maybe 2, 1.5, .45... wife did not complain so, it's still better than some restaurant ribs.. this little smoker is a keeper!!!

well, this morning I went to clean the mini; surprisingly, I still have 2/3 of unused charcoal.. very efficient!!!

Last edited:
Khanh Hoang;
I have had a number of successful cooks on my Mini-Joe Gold as well as my son-in-law's Mini-Joe-Silver and my son's Mini-Joe Gold. Three different units in three different states tells me that they are conistently good little cookers.

I have to laugh when I think of the last rib cook I had with six half racks of St. Louis cut ribs (on Rib Racks). That much meat really filled up the mini.

Tomorrow, I'll be cold smoking some cheese in my mini and I am really looking forward to it.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Looks great, congrats. Glad I wasn't the only one who bbq'd on my front porch. Make sure the apt mgr doesn't smell smoke though hehe.

Don't lift the lid....

Back