Birthday Smokey Joe

JasonT

TVWBB Member
As of Today I am no longer that guy that never gets a deal.

Wandered into my local K-Mart this afternoon looking for something totally unrelated to Grilling/Smoking. There it was on a push cart in the middle of the isle. A Smokey Joe Silver with a clearance tag on it for $12.99 ! Later inspection would reveal it to be a 2010 model. I did not even have to put it together.

And, Right next to it was a 18 lb bag of Royal oak Briquettes for $2.99 . That right, scored both for 16 bucks. On my 40th Birthday no less.

I am pretty happy about this one. I have never owned a Smokey Joe but had been eyeballin' em lately.

2313960780103768466S600x600Q85.jpg

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks John & Mac

No the dutch oven on the left is about 2-3 y/o.

The skillets on the right were given to me by my Mother In-Law. She got them from an older lady that no longer wanted them. They are Griswold's #3 & #8 . not new but not too too old either.

awesome ! now the fun begins. i used mine last night, tonight and will use it tomorrow. the more i use it the more i want to. use lump for those great hot cooks. first get some expanded sheetmetal to go over the charcoal grate so you can use and reuse the lump. course ya need to mod it inro a mini smoker !

Thats funny George, I was actually checking out the mini smoker mods.

I think I might have some expanded metal in the garage too.

Thanks for the tips.

Jason,happy birthday and congrats on the great score from a former Mainah! Now I'm just another d@*# yankee!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thats awesome,

Happy B-day Jason. That kinda stuff puts a smile on my face just hearing about it.

Thats good karma man! meant to be

Back