Got it assembled

Jason Perry

TVWBB Member
Just got my 22 assembled last night. And i'm loving this site. Thanks to all for the insight and experience. I'll let you know how my maiden voyage goes.

Welcome aboard Jason!
you're gonna love it every time you fire it up!!
Don't forget we LOVE food fotos too
icon_wink.gif

Enjoy
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Jason... aloha and welcome! As Jim sez you keep on firing up the 22 WSM. If you need info on "Q"... Just ask. Bon Yoyage!!!!

joe

Alright 4 hours into my first cook and i'm hooked. The temp outside when i started this morning was 12 degrees. I fired it up all vents opened. Got to a lid temp of 215, cut back two vents to 50% and shut the third and its' stayed at temp for 4 solid hours. The only thing I've done is add some water.

I may have a 16 ft reverse flow with two fireboxes for sale come spring so i can by two or three more of these babies. I'm in love.

JP in Frozen Kentucky, GO Cats!

Jason, you didn't even need to add the water... you're on cruise control now.
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">GO PACK!</span>

Yeah i know about the water now. I havent cooked with a water smoker before, so i was afraid it would go dry. Now i know. 9 hrs in and still haven't had to mess with the fire at all. This is incredible.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason Perry:
This is incredible.
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're very friendly units, aren't they? Especially with the good instructions on this site, you pretty much just follow along as best you can and food happens. :)

Hey Jason, Congrats. on your new purchase. Smoking with the WSM is sooooooo easy. Lots of great tips & info here. Enjoy & post some photos of your adventures. Happy Smokin!

Back