Brisket on the 22

Dan N.

TVWBB Pro
Did two 15# plus packers Wednesday for a feed for my boss' private club. High heat method. Double foiled pan. Used the large ring and filled with RO lump. At about the 4 hour mark the top brisket was ready to wrap. The bottom brisket still needed more time. Wrapped the top and put on the bottom. The now top one was ready for wrapping an hour later. At about the 5 hour mark topped off the fuel. Turned out to be about a 7 hour cook. Switching the briskets around seemed to balance out the time.

Nice to be able to do two packers at once. I think the time was a little longer than expected due to the 30 plus #'s of meat. Happy with the results.

Dan

briskets dont care about time. they get done when they are ready. it just depends on the internal structure of the individual brisket. some are more ornery than others.

Having done enough high temp briskets now (20+) still can't figure out how Kevin's only take 5 hours or so. Must be that Florida beef. I'm usually always in that 6 - 7 hour time frame. I just plan my cooks that way.

Dan,I haven't done one in awhile but If I remember correctly it ran a little over 5 hours. Of course , you always run into those ones that go contrary to everything. Had one I thought would never finish. The bad thing was I was showing some one how to do the high heat method.I was just singing out all the praises about taste and time saving. The darn thing seemed like it would never finish . One of the guys was getting so hungry for it to be done said that it may turn out to be beef tar tar(?)

Back