Amazon question *****

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I recently bought 2 tablets for my kids thru amazon using this sites link. This is the first time I ever use Amazon.
My question is if I add something to my wish list do I get a notification if it comes up on sale? Or is this just a feature to remind myself what I wish for?

Thanks.

Its just a list, sort of like bookmarking things, there is not notifications that I know of.

I'm with John on that. I've had some stuff on the wish list for a long time and just forgot about them. Amazon likely does it to track what you like and when you log in to Amazon, they may suggest those or similar things to you when you log into "Tony's Amazon.com".

Yeah, it's just a reminder telling you that you Really want this. They don't want you to forget before buying. Lol

Yes, it is just a reminder. However, you can put items there and then tell your wife to look and see the list as "ideas" for a gift to you. My wife and I share lists so we can see what we "wish for".

Ray

I really think Amazon is missing the boat on their Wish List feature. It doesn't do a thing. They could easily send you notices of sales and allow you to send it to family and friends.

Thanks gentlemen.
I guess I have to check in from time to time to see if anything is on sale.

Tony,it will let you know if the price has changed. You just have to check the list. I have some cd's on mine and its let me know the price has dropped.

You know those emails you get from Amazon suggesting things you should buy? I suspect some of those suggestions are driven by the content of your Wish List, in addition to things you've recently browsed.

I don't know how Wish Lists work in relation to TVWBB getting credit...I've asked Amazon that question and if I get an answer I'll post it here.

Thanks gentlemen.
I guess I have to check in from time to time to see if anything is on sale.

This site is good for tracking Amazon prices. You can get email notifications when an item drops to your desired price. I use it all the time. You'll probably want to still come back here and click on Chris's link (after you add an item to your cart) to make sure this site get's the referral credit.

This site is good for tracking Amazon prices. You can get email notifications when an item drops to your desired price. I use it all the time. You'll probably want to still come back here and click on Chris's link (after you add an item to your cart) to make sure this site get's the referral credit.

Thanks Matt.
This will help if there's a price drop.
Of course I will come back here to buy.

Just to clarify two points.

Sites like CamelCamelCamel are Amazon Associates, just like TVWBB. When you click any of the links on their site or in their emails to check prices, you're getting your Amazon shopping cart tagged with CamelCamelCamel's Amazon Associate ID. So if you want TVWBB to get credit for your purchases, AFTER checking prices on CamelCamelCamel, you need to click TVWBB's Amazon link and THEN add items to your shopping cart.

And a clarification on Matt's comment...TVWBB DOES NOT get credit if you add items to your cart and then come to TVWBB and click our link. You must click TVWBB's Amazon link FIRST, then add items to your cart.

Just to clarify two points.

Sites like CamelCamelCamel are Amazon Associates, just like TVWBB. When you click any of the links on their site or in their emails to check prices, you're getting your Amazon shopping cart tagged with CamelCamelCamel's Amazon Associate ID. So if you want TVWBB to get credit for your purchases, AFTER checking prices on CamelCamelCamel, you need to click TVWBB's Amazon link and THEN add items to your shopping cart.

And a clarification on Matt's comment...TVWBB DOES NOT get credit if you add items to your cart and then come to TVWBB and click our link. You must click TVWBB's Amazon link FIRST, then add items to your cart.

Thanks Chris. I will follow your instructions.

I got a reply from Amazon about how TVWBB gets credit for items in your Wish List.

It doesn't matter how you add items to your Wish List...but when ready to purchase items in your Wish List, you need to click TVWBB's Amazon link FIRST, then go to your Wish List and add those items to your cart.

Back