Now I own 2 Q 2x0s!

Jon R

TVWBB Fan
I'd been wanting a Q 220 for a while now, watching craigslist and none had popped up that worked out. OSH was having a 15% off sale any item one Saturday 19 Dec. OSH price for the Q 220 was $229.00, HD and Lowes wanted $219.00. I tried to get OSH to match the 219 price but they wouldn't. They said they needed an in store printed ad, and wouldn't accept anything printed from the web. So I bought it at 229, and figured I could always return it if not used. I went in last week and saw that OSH had dropped the price to 219. I talked to the manager and he said ok he would give me the 219 price plus 15% off for the coupon, even though it was expired. It's amazing what I'll go through to save 9 bucks. So now that I get the price adjustment I figure I'm going to keep it, so I fire it up and made some great pork chops. This thing makes some serious grill marks that's for sure.

Fast forward to today, I see a craiglist ad Weber Gas BBQ w/ cart and tanks - $20. The ad mentioned it's oval. So I ask the guy and he said he thinks it's a 100, 120 or a 200 but he isn't sure. He knows it doesn't have the thermometer. Turns out, he has a 'Q' 200 in great shape, cover, adapter hose, folding cart, one of the disposable mini tanks, (not sure how much is in it), larger tank (thinner than than a 5 gallon. Maybe it's a 2.5). He's moving somewhere with no outside area so can't have propane. He gives it all to me for 20 bucks. Everything fits in my Honda Civic and I'm gone. I'm so happy to get the deal, and I'm not complaining at all, but sure would have been nice to have found this before I had used the 220. The 220 is nice, I do like the thermometer, but that could probably be added pretty easily. Maybe I'll have room for both but I really don't think I'll need 2.

Great find Jon!

My Q story:
I found a Q200 with cart, and hose on CL for $75.
I liked it so much that I ended up buying a new red Q220 on eBay for $200.
I then sold the Q200 on CL for $80.
Net gain: cart, hose, and 5 bucks.

A Q200 alone in very good condition would probably sell for over $100 on eBay, or maybe even CL. Or possibly on the TVWB Trading Post.
The rest of the goodies are icing on the cake.

The 220 has a bit taller hood than the 200, which I like.
I'm sure that a therm could be added to the 200 though.

nice find. yea, that always happens to me. i wait and wait and then i go buy something and then it shows up a lot cheaper. just the way it is.

Need Two! Man, it is not a matter of needing two! You HAVE two! Twice the stuff is twice as good!

Revel in your good fortune!!!

BBQ karma is with you!

Pat

Bob, I was just wonderin' if it'd be just as easy to contact Weber,buy a Q220 lid with temp guage, and just fitted it without the mucking around of selling of the other grill then buying another?
Apparently that's all that seperates the Q200 to the Q220 is the lid & temp guage.
Just thought I'd ask!!

Cheers

Davo

Hi Davo,
I forgot to mention that I also really, really wanted the red model
icon_smile.gif

PS: Please send some heat this way!

Hi Bob,
I thought there must've been a method in your madness
icon_biggrin.gif

We don't get the red Q's downunder or the charcoal ones either, we just get the ordinary creamy top ones.
The Q220's are an awesome little grill,I've had mine now for nearly a year and before that I had a Q120 for 3-4 yrs and it was awesome...
i was cooking on that little thing for 5-6 nights a week all year round and some lunchtimes too.

I wish I could send some heat up your way...the good ol' US of A has really copped it for snow this year....and they go on about Global Warming......yeah right!!

Lucky for us on the east coast NSW, we don't get snow....last winter, most days we were walking around in shorts and t-shirts....LUVERLY

Ok...go and cook me somethin' on the Redhead
icon_razz.gif

Cheers

Davo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Hi Davo,
I forgot to mention that I also really, really wanted the red model
icon_smile.gif

PS: Please send some heat this way! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Bob
Can't you buy red lids seperately from Weber?

Cheers

I purchased a Q200 from Craigslist about a year ago - I love it and you are right - KILLER grill marks. I purchased a temp gauge from Weber and added to the lid. I liked the taller lid of the 220 but this was the cheeper option. I drilled a hole in the lid, added the gauge, took about 5 minutes.

Back