Flavorizer bars

Larry F

Does anyone have a source to replace my porcelain flavorizer bars on my Genesis 1000?? I contacted weber and the cost seemed high?? I am thinking of going to the stainless style, but $90.00 seem awfully expensive.

Larry
As the SS ones will last practically the life of the BBQ they are not that expensive. Porcelain ones need replacing every few years.

Regards

ACE does sell them (porcelain and SS), I could give you a USA store price tomorrow evening (on-line is a little higher). We (ACE Hardware) carry them in stock. SS usually last about 7-9 years, porcelain about 4-5 years.

Hello Larry, The Weber Stinless steel bars are good but if you want to really do it right check out the listings for RCplane buyer on Ebay. This guy makes a set of heavy duty stainless angles that are way better than Weber' bars and he sells them for less. I bought a set two years ago and they are perfect.

Thanks for the help. So has anyone else bought/seen the bars on Ebay that Rcplanebuyer lists?? I looked at them, they look/sound much better than the Weber sets. Any comments would be helpful.

has any one made there own using angle iron ? I am thinking about doing it , first they will be cleaned and run through the dish washer , then coated with Crisco and seasoned in the oven

Richard.
It would be just as easy to get a set made out of SS.

My thoughts are - The angle iron would absorb quite a bit of heat energy. Longer preheat times and reduced grill temperatures.

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Hartcher:

My thoughts are - The angle iron would absorb quite a bit of heat energy. Longer preheat times and reduced grill temperatures.

Regards </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
never thought of that , I just found out my sister in law can get the SS ones for about $60.00
icon_smile.gif

Hello Richard,
I manufacture and sell heavy duty Flavor bars for Weber grills. I sell them on EBAY. My user name is RCplanebuyer. I use a heavier gauge stainless steel, 14ga, than Weber does on their ss bars. If you would like even heavier bars I will go up to .125 stainless if you want. Custom orders will be at additional cost. I make them for all the most popular Weber grills. Have a look and send me note if you are interested.
Dave

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Santana:
Hello Richard,
I manufacture and sell heavy duty Flavor bars for Weber grills. I sell them on EBAY. My user name is RCplanebuyer. I use a heavier gauge stainless steel, 14ga, than Weber does on their ss bars. If you would like even heavier bars I will go up to .125 stainless if you want. Custom orders will be at additional cost. I make them for all the most popular Weber grills. Have a look and send me note if you are interested.
Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thanks , I found them

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Santana:
Hello Richard,
Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you wouldn't happen to make the porc. covered cast iron grates do you? i really need some new ones for my silver C and saw that they went from 55 to 69 dollars at HD
icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you wouldn't happen to make the porc. covered cast iron grates do you? i really need some new ones for my silver C and saw that they went from 55 to 69 dollars at HD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony,
A set of 7 mm SS rod grills would be good to use. Don't go any thicker. Weber did some testing and the 10 mm ones took too long to heat on the Genesis. Easy clean and last for a hell of a long time. Great to cook on. Maybe David can manufacture those also.

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I manufacture and sell heavy duty Flavor bars for Weber grills. I sell them on EBAY. My user name is RCplanebuyer. I use a heavier gauge stainless steel, 14ga, than Weber does on their ss bars. If you would like even heavier bars I will go up to .125 stainless if you want. Custom orders will be at additional cost. I make them for all the most popular Weber grills. Have a look and send me note if you are interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

David - I have the Genesis Silver B that I purchased in 2003. Which ones do you have on ebay would fit this model??

Tom,

search for "Weber Stainless Steel Flavorizer Bars #9816/#7537" without the quotes.

I bought a set and am very satisfied with the product so far.

so how come the early version genesis models had two sets of bars running left to right and front to back but the next versions only has one set running left to right ??

I just wanted to say that I recently (last week) ordered a set of manufactured flavorizer bars from David Santana's ebay store and they arrived promptly and ready-to-use. Great transaction and so far the product seems pretty legitimate.

Thanks, David

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard_:
I know its been a year , but I finally ordered some from RCplanebuyer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be very pleased. Cheaper AND better.

Back