What kind of music do u prefer while bbq?? *****

Pat I'm interested in zydeco just from watching Treme on HBO, that may be heresy to y'all. Treme also introduce me to john boutte and the master kermit ruffins!! Wow! Been to New Orleans but never experienced what the locals did until a waiter on my last visit said u need to go to frenchmen st!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdW2G3hZorY

I listen to all kinds of music, but probably prefer 60's and 70's rock with Mumford and Sons and Zac Brown Band thrown in. One of my teammates plays in an island rock band and has played lots of Parrotthead events and has opened for Jimmy Buffett numerous times so I get plenty of that sound. The comp trailer has 2 internal speakers and 2 external speakers with a 130 watt amp, plus a sub. We have only been requested to turn down our tunes at a comp one time and I really didn't understand why our neighbor objected to AC/DC at 7:01am! I turned it down about 2 db. because he was kind of a jerk about it.

Last edited:
I put together a mix CD called the "Wyocena Yacht Club Eclectic BBQ mix #3". I can listen to it all day.
It has some Joan Jett, Katrina and the Waves, Ace Frehley, Casting Crowns, Dexie's Midnight Runners, Glenn Miller, Mercy Me, Van Halen, Metalica, Down Here, Pat Benatar, Paul Simon, Barlow Girl...etc.

You know, ECLECTIC!

I put together a mix CD called the "Wyocena Yacht Club Eclectic BBQ mix #3". I can listen to it all day.
It has some Joan Jett, Katrina and the Waves, Ace Frehley, Casting Crowns, Dexie's Midnight Runners, Glenn Miller, Mercy Me, Van Halen, Metalica, Down Here, Pat Benatar, Paul Simon, Barlow Girl...etc.

You know, ECLECTIC!

i hear ya. I like a mix too....there's nothing like mixing the black eyed peas with Benny goodman. :cool:.......@Adam h....I agree. George jones is the man!

Last edited:

You know, ECLECTIC!

Clark, you really need to expand your listening choices...:D

My dad was the one that taught me the value of cooking with live fire. He always had on Supertramp, Marshal Tucker or Fleetwood Mac. I find myself doing the same if I have music on while Qin.

I keep an Ipod dock/amp/speaker thingy in the comp trailer and I just hit shuffle and play. I get some weird looks from people walking by. My musical tastes are anything but Rap or Hip/Hop. Takes a mind stretch to go from Mozart to Stone Temple Pilots back to back.

Let's see, Copland, Mozart, Achoustic Alchemy, Alan Parsons, Bach, Beatles, Bela Fleck, Billy Joel, Blood/Sweat & Tears, CCR, Boston, Bruce Hornsby, Chicago, CSN, David Benoit, Dixie Dreggs (bet nobody knows that one), Doobies, Steely Dan, Eagles, EWF, Diana Krall, ELP, Tower of Power, Zappa, JT, Nickel Creek, Pat Matheny, Blink 182, Pink Floyd, Queen, Rush, Sting, Van Halen.... The list goes on and on.

Back