Connecticut > Windsor: Bear's Smokehouse BBQ

AlWielgosz

TVWBB Super Fan
Bear's Smokehouse BBQ
2152 Poquonock Ave
Windsor, CT 06095
860-785-8772
www.bearsbbq.com

Spent two weeks in Windsor Locks, CT for work. Had a chance to check out some local Q's. This place was outstanding, tried his brisket, Pulled Pork, and Ribs special. Spicy BBQ sauce is Spicy! BBQ beans had pulled pork mixed in. Would recommend you try this place for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been there a couple times and agree it is good. I heard the owner is from Kansas City. Must have taken some Midwest bbq cookin experience to the east coast to share with others...just sayin:).

I've been to the one in New Haven and wasn't that impressed. I had Brisket and Ribs, neither of the meats were smoked that I could tell, only the sauce tasted smokey. There was no smell of smoke in our outside the restaurant.

I have to say, he has a very, very nice restaurant. But his Hartford location has gone very upscale in my opinion. We enjoy it, don't get me wrong. But sometimes expansion isn't totally good.

Jamie (the owner) does a TON for the community. Gives people who have had a rough go in life a second chance on a regular basis. He's just a downright good dude who does right by the area. And his food is good.

...I don't believe he's allowed to have a smell of smoke outside the restaurant. I think there is an ordinance in Hartford that required him to recycle the air somehow. I could be wrong...

Back