My BBQ/outdoor cook box

Scott K James

Had a friend of mine help me put together a box to hold most of my grilling/smoking stuff. I saw a bigger version and sclaed it down to do what I wanted. I am very happy on the way it tirned out!

l_153ebdcfc5024a9ca7339a7d6fa51b98.jpg

Thanks! There was a good bit of work so they would not be cheap but I have thought of building a few more. I got tired of trying to find all of my tools when I started to cook. I am very happy with it. I have everything I need right outside with me and I can take the whole box in when I am done.

That box is awesome. I have just been using a milk crate. Needless to say it gets messy. If you don't mind me asking how much $ did you put into that box? Did you go by plans or just wing it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J Graz:
That box is awesome. I have just been using a milk crate. Needless to say it gets messy. If you don't mind me asking how much $ did you put into that box? Did you go by plans or just wing it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I saw a pic of a larger one that was like 36x36x18 but that was bigger than I wanted. I knew I wanted room for big and small spice bottles, paper towels, long roll of foil, and room in the doors for knives and tools. This is about as small as I felt I would be happy with.. It is 24x24x14 and is just about right. As far as cost I have a friend that has a cabinet shop so the only money I spent was on hardware. I figure it would run about $100-150 for him to build one to sell though. There is allot of time in it.

Man that's really nice, I need something like that. Right now I'm using one of THESE but everything seems to just get thrown in there (except my Stoker stuff which is in a smaller tub), I could set this box in the bigger box. Very nice, Ed C., you up to making a couple of these
icon_smile.gif

Looks pretty similar, though a smaller version, of a "patrol box" we use in scouts. Would be interested in buying one though :). Using a plastic tub currently.

Back