Maryland > Cockeysville: Andy Nelson's Barbecue

dwayne e

TVWBB Super Fan
I thought I would add his restaurant to the fray. He is a retired Baltimore Colt and he is locally famous for pulled pork and BBQ chicken/ribs. I eat there every couple months or so and I always leave full and satisfied. He uses home made sauces and he slow cooks his food over wood. He caters too, but I find I enjoy his food most when I go to his restarant and dine in. It's very laid back and casual and the servings are big and the prices are resonable.

http://www.andynelsonsbbq.com/

A
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
ndy has the best PIG-RIG! Try his chicken wings - they are the best.

Andy Nelson should be a Baltimore legend for his BBQ - and maybe as a Colt
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Go RAVENS!!!!!!!!

I will have to go and try his wings then. I tried the ribs today and wasn't impressed. They tasted par-boiled. The cornbread was out of this world though.

When there ain't too many bbq joints in MD, anything is good, and you can't be to **** picky! But really, Andy's is a great place. It is casual but quality. Will have to try the wings-- if you ever have occasion to need a caterer, they have done several events for my company-- all were excellent.

Just went here today for Pit Beef and 2 sides. You just ordered a sandwich but couldn't specify rare, medium, well, nothing. Sandwich was medium rare to medium and was good beef but it was not much more than a hot roast beef sandwich. No smoke or grill flavor, a lot like a good version of an Arby's sandwich. I really wanted to like it more but it was average. BBQ sauce was good and as others had mentioned the corn bread was half butter and tasted very good. A little north of Baltimore proper but a cool place to visit.

Back