some q observations

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
well, i just connected my q220 to a 30 lb tank. seems like the flame is a bit lower but close enough. when i checked with a canister, the canister seemed to have higher flames. i did all the tricks so don't think thats the issue. just to close to call so i will see when i cook the next time. also a bit bummed cuz the short cover has now got rust showing at one of the drawstring grommets. ya woulda thought they would use something better than something that can rust. i'll just put some pam on it and it should be ok. i have the portable stand, so where do ya'll put the 30lb tank ? on the lower rack or on the ground ? i really don't plan on moving it much but it does need to be moved a bit when i use it. thanks,

George, the typical tanks we have around here are 20 pounders.
I put a board on the bottom rack to help spread the weight.
Once my large tank is empty, I may go back to the smaller canisters, I just don't use it enough to hassle with the weight, etc.

ok, i thought those big tanks were 30 lb. i can see the hassle if its moved often. mine purty much stays in one place. no issues with the tanks as i have two from before with a gasser and my turkey cooker.

Back