Racks

Shaun-

Got three of Dave Klose's rib racks that I have been using for many years, and they are still going strong. Not sure of the cost these days, and they are stainless, so I'm sure they've gone up.

Dave Klose

R

i still use the old style weber roast rack turned upside down. but the last time i cooked ribs i just layed them flat on the grate with a little bit of one on top of the other. i then rotated them about every half hour or so. worked great for me.

I have used the Williams-Sonoma, but, I'm going to do the "stack" method next. There is a rib rack available that is reversible for use as a roast rack. Don't recall where I saw it, but try Googling for it.

Shaun the Cooking.com website is promoting a Non-Stick Reversible Roast and Rib Rack. Less than $15. Must be the one I referred to earlier.

I still haven't found anything nicer than this one I made years ago... holds five racks (I did this three or four times) and is solid. You could park your '72 Chevy pick-up truck on it
icon_biggrin.gif

Jim, I was thinking of something very much like your homemade one in the picture. I've found that any rib rack with crossbars makes removing the ribs difficult and scrapes off flavor I want to eat! Straight up bars are the solution!

My question: what material did you use to make yours? I've been pondering it but don't have any good idea of something I could find without much trouble or expense or need unfindable help. Thanks for any help!

I promise to stop bothering you with nit picky questions, so this will be the last one, Jim!

How do you bend and connect the steel? Does it require special welding talent?

Yes, this was welded... the rack consist of 9 bars, 7 of them bent "C" shaped (2 for handles welded to two straight bars), the other five welded upright as the prongs.
A Cincinnati 90 ton Brake was used to make these bends (I work in a manufacturing plant).

Allright Jim! I will just go ahead and say it, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

(I hope I spelled that correctly)

Back