Heat shield - assembly questios

Werner

TVWBB Member
Hi...

I am the proud owner of a new 18.5" WSM. I find that the heat shield keeps popping out of the tabs. Is this normal? I have just assembled it, but it doesnt seem that the heat shield will pop out all the way so that it can be removed.

Thanks

mine was just the same ,all i did was bend the tabs back with a pair of pliers once the heat shield is in place,its never come loose since.
icon_wink.gif

Thanks graham... I think I will do the same... I havent used it yet as its still in my living room...Does your heat shield sit close to the ground? I think I have it assembled right, but it seems like it is pretty close.

Unfortunately Im short a part as well so Ill either have to make a trip to the hardware store or wait for Weber to send one.

My heat shield falls off every time I move it and dumping ash is a pain.

I'm going to use some wire to fasten it to the legs so it doesn't keep falling off. Pain to clean off under there so I'll probably foil it too.

Anyone have an idea what is out of spec between ones that stay and ones that dont? Im just curious since nothing looks bent or irregular.

I emailed Weber as I was short one nut and they were really helpful. In my reply I asked that question but havent heard yet.

Thanks

Werner

Mine was continually loose as well. I just took it off altogether. I smoke on concrete...I doubt heat's gonna be a problem.

Back